When you go shopping for a printer, one of the must-have features that you must take into account is the duplex printing capability. One obvious advantage of having this feature in a printer is that paper use will become more efficient because you can print on both sides of the paper. Duplex copies are also easier to staple and fold.
To help you narrow down your choices, we present you 5 best duplex printers on the market right now, these printers are a brilliant choice if you want a reliable duplex printer – laser & inkjet – for home use, small office or small business, also they come with various great features. Let’s take a closer look
5 Best Duplex Printers 2022
Technologies are meant to make life easier and that’s exactly what Canon had in mind when designing the Canon MX922. Convenience and increase productivity are two perks you can get with this printer, among other things. For starters, it features a handful of wireless connectivity, such as built-in Wi-Fi.
This device is also compatible with AirPrint so you can directly print your report from your Apple devices. You can also print from Google Docs, Gmail or Google Chrome browser for Mac, Linux, Windows and Chrome devices. But how effective is it when in operation? Well, thankfully the nifty quiet mode option can turn off the printing noise when it is in use!
Here are the neat and super helpful features you can find in this printer:
- Print speed: 15 ppm Black / 10 ppm color
- Canon MX922 features an integrated 35 sheet Duplex ADF along with Dual Function Panel. These features are responsible for the multitasking ability of this device. Coupled with the 250 sheets plain paper tray, you don’t have to worry about running out of paper while in rush.
- This model retains Canon’s last-generation controls in that it comes with three action buttons and a separate four-way cursor. Did you know that the button grid can transform into a keypad when you need to use the unit’s fax capabilities? Neat, right?
- It’s designed with a superior 9600×2400 maximum color dpi along with five individual ink cartridges. In other words, you can expect excellent business document printing with superb efficiency without changing the pigment black ink often.
HP OfficeJet 4650
One of the things that makes this printer stands out from the rest and just straight up becomes one of the best duplex printers is its Instant Ink program. This means no matter which printer you use, the cost per page will cost the same. But let’s refrain from getting ahead of ourselves and talk about the other features.
Appearance-wise, this device is designed for home-based and small offices with minimal print requirements, such as 100 to 400 copied or printed pages and 20 – 100 scans per month. Of course, you can connect this device to another PC with a USB or to a Wi-Fi, though no Ethernet.
Take a look at the other features below and decide for yourself its worth:
- Print speed: 9.5 ppm Black / 6.8 ppm color
- The printer comes with a 35-sheet ADF for feeding multiple originals to the scanner. It’s not auto-duplexing so you have to flip double-sided originals manually. But the print engine itself will automatically do the two-side printing though!
- There is a 2.2” ‘Hi-Res Mono’ touch LCD so you can execute not only configuration but also PC-free or walk-up option, such as scanning to or printing from cloud sites or maybe scanning to multiple drives on your network.
- The performance is above average compared to several of its competitors. Bear in mind that this is a low-volume printer so the question shouldn’t be “how fast?” but rather “is it inordinately slow?” in which the answer is obviously no, by the way. The print quality is really great in terms of print, scan, and copy.
- The paper handling is up to 100 sheet tray that is dumped to a dismay small 25-sheet output tray.
Brother HL-L2350Dw (Laser)
Another highly recommended and overall best duplex printer for a small office environment is the Brother HL-L2350DW. It’s one of the class-leading laser printers in terms of printing speed in which it can deliver 32 ppm. The paper handling choices are also flexible, including the 250-sheet paper tray along with a manual feed slot.
For such an entry-level device, the fact that this printer is mentioned in this is a clear enough indication that this is totally worth having. Add to that it also comes with built-in Wi-Fi printing from compatible devices. It can also do fast boot-up and set up can be done in minutes, so you can get your documents ready especially when in a rush. This translates to enhanced convenience!
Here are other features of this machine:
- The Brother HL-L2350DW gets 15,000 pages along with a recommended print volume of up to 2000 pages. Coupled with the built-in duplexer, this machine serves as the ideal printer for most micro-office and personal use.
- It has a lot of connectivity options like the aforementioned built-in Wi-Fi. However, it also features a wide array of mobile device compatibilities such as Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Brother iPrint and Scan and Wi-FI Direct. If this doesn’t make it a versatile device then we don’t know what does.
- Aside from the extremely handy 2 line LCD display, there is also a Toner Save Mode feature that permits you to save on toner cost.
- This printer isn’t meant for printing glossy, sleek documents as it is a monochrome device but it is definitely cut for churning highly detailed and attractive grayscale and monochrome text.
Just like the other models by Brother, the MFC-J880DW also comes with loads of features without a high price. Brother especially targets its printers toward home and small office use so if that’s what you have in mind then this should be in your shopping list.
This compact device performs four functions, i.e. print, scan, fax, and copy. It also has a really good output quality without a lot of bells and whistles. The nondescript compact MFP comes with a 20-sheet ADF closed and the whole thing becomes an understated black box. Amazingly, this machine has several paper feeds.
The main drawer at the bottom can hold 100 sheets up to legal size. A separate feed on top of the drawer has up to 20 sheet capacity for small-format photo paper. Then, the rear paper feed is for specialty and heavy media paper.
Below are some of the selling points of this printer:
- The device has a 2.7” color touchscreen LCD located on the front for easy navigation. It can also function as a standalone functionality.
- In terms of connectivity, this machine definitely excels at it. Aside from the Wi-FI and USB, there is also Ethernet which is rare at this price range along with NFC tap-to-print for compatible devices. You can scan to and print from a lot of cloud services includes Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, Box, DropBox, etc.
- There is a telephone jack for the fax because this printer is primarily a business-centric. This allows you to use the fax feature to its fullest.
Epson WorkForce WF-3540
Unlike the other PrecisionCore-based WorkForce all-in-one models that are of high volume type, this one is more for small and home-based multifunction use. This model is essentially the same as its WF-3520 counterpart, with the primary exception lies in the different level of use.
Not only does this printer come with the standard print, fax, scan, and copy, but this device also comes with unusually capable paper handling. The versatility is topped with the Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity along with scanning prints through the cloud.
Aside from the obvious duplexer feature, there is also a single-sheet manual feed that comes with this device. What about output quality? You can definitely depend on this since this is an inkjet printer and the output scores reasonably well for photos and graphics.
The other features of this machine include:
- The WF-3540 offers double the paper capacity so it’s really perfect for a shared printer with, particularly heavy-duty needs.
- Aside from the aforementioned connectivity network, other useful convenience includes scanning to and printing from a USB memory stick. You can also print directly from a PictBridge camera.
- Paper capacity is one level higher than its WF-3520 counterpart in that the paper capacity reaches 500 sheets. You can keep two kinds of paper loaded easily thanks to its two 250-sheet drawers. This is really convenient for switching between various sizes of paper. Alternatively, you can also load the same paper in both drawers and set the machine to switch to the second drawer when the first runs out.
- The printer offers a letter-size as well as a 30-sheet ADF for scanning.
Whatever your needs are or your intention is with your new printer, there is absolutely no reason as to why one of these best duplex printers doesn’t meet your style and the overall need for your home office.