We live in the modern world where technology plays an important and significant development. Technology has advanced to a higher level that enables us to enjoy simplicity and easiness in everything. Let’s face it, it is so easy to enjoy everything – from the easiness in the transportation to the great access in working. The creation of 3D printers has added the benefits of easiness. And people are looking for a way so that they can have an affordable machine to help them.
Understanding the Use and Scope
Naturally, the 3D printers are designed for a reason – and it is no longer a device that you would see from the movies. As the name suggests, the 3D printers are the machines that are able to change digital format or data into 3D objects. CAD or Computer Aided Design is one of the software and it is the most common software used for the 3D modeling. There are other programs to use as well as object scans that can be changed into 3D objects by the printer.
What are the uses of these 3D printers, anyway? Well, you may not know this but the printer can be used for different fields and sectors, such as:
- Educations. Students can learn about making different kinds of models with the printers. Not to mention that they can also learn about how the printer works or how to perform the scanning and then the creation.
- Workshops. With the advanced of industries and the application of the 3D printers, many workshops need the printers to teach the participants. Operating the 3D machine isn’t easy and it is definitely different from the regular printers. Since the printer can be confusing and difficult, and the device is pretty costly, you don’t really want to break or damage it. That’s why there are workshops that will ‘teach’ people about using the device properly.
- Construction. Nowadays, construction would need the printers so they can have a greater idea of how the construction will look like. In the event that there are flaws in their design, the printer can help them find it – no matter which best 3D printer they are using.
- Aerospace, Aviation, and Automotive. The same principle can also be implemented in these sectors. The 3D modeling can help these industries achieve the best result, minimize risks and flaws, and improve working efficiency while reducing the production cost at the same time.
- Architecture. Do you know that the printer can also be used to make prototypes of the furniture, accessories, and even lighting.
- Fashion. Even the fashion industry has addressed the functionality and use of the 3D printers. They can create prototypes for fashion accessories, shoes, and such thing alike.
As you can see, the application of the 3D printers has expanded widely, almost covering every section and aspect of the industry. Naturally, the device can’t be used for personal implementation unless you have a business and you are always in a need of prototypes. The consideration about the best 3D printer should be included within your lists, so you know which product to choose.
There are some candidates for the best 3D printer under 300, 500, and 1000. However, making a careful research and a wise decision of which one serving your needs (and coming with the features you want) is also crucial. Here are some of the best picks but make sure that you don’t rush things when you are about to make a spending.
Best 3D Printers Under $300
Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer
Looking for the best 3D printer device for under $300? Here is your option. As one of the most affordable 3D printer in the market, you can expect tons of great features from this device, such as:
- It is compatible with different filament types, such as the PLA and ABS (the basic one) to dissolvable PVA or metal composite.
- The design is simple with compact dimension and size
- It is compatible with different operating systems, including Mac and Windows – as well as any printing software.
- This is one of the machines that have already been assembled and calibrated. You only need to use it once you open the box
- It has mini design so it won’t take up a lot of space – and it is also lightweight
- The heating bed isn’t as powerful as everyone thinks. In fact, it is underpowered
- The gantry is only supported on one side, affecting the heated bed
Mini printer means that you won’t have problems with the storage space or whatsoever, but then again, you won’t be able to print something big either. But if you don’t mind about it, this device comes packing with all of the greatest features, such as:
- It is a wireless device, so you don’t really need to connect it directly. Simply make use of the network and off you go!
- The design is simple and small. When compared to the regular Vinci Jr., this one is smaller but it is able to create finer outcome
- There is a colored display screen that will help with the printing functionality
- XYZmaker 3D modeling design software that can be downloaded for free, it is great for beginners.
- The printer is easily set up and used
- The final result is flawless and perfect, as if made by the professional grade machines that cost higher
- You can’t use other filaments – you specifically need to choose the filaments provided by the company. The machine won’t work with other filaments
EARME Anet A8 3D Desktop Printer
This is another affordable 3D printer, cost less than $300. With printing volume of 220 x 220 x 240mm, you can print almost anything. It is special, creating a special feel of your own handmade products. Naturally, there are some benefits you can expect from the device, such as:
- The machine can be used with other filaments, such as wood, PP, PLA, nylon PVA, and many more
- If you value your printing experience from a scratch, this is the perfect device. You will have to assemble it, making you familiar with all the details and parts.
- The customer support is quite excellent and impressive
- It is perfect for all kinds of users, especially beginners. Experienced or advanced users, however, will find this device to be fun to operate.
- The LCD reading stops functioning just like that
- Some of the users experience faulty power supply but the problem has been resolved with the customer support
REPRAPGURU DIY RepRap Prusa I3 V2
Looking for an affordable 3D printer that is able to create flawless and awesome results? This would be the perfect option for you. This type of printer is often used in classes, allowing students to familiarize themselves to the operation. The features include:
- The unique design allowing users to see the printing process easily. This is one of the reasons why this printer is used in classes
- The efficient heated beds. Such a construction is super useful when you want to make sure that the final outcome would be promising and handy.
- The machine is easily adjusted and tweaked, which offers great versatility
- The final printing result is pretty impressive and good
- It is also easily used by almost everyone, even those without any technical or mechanical knowledge
- Some parts are easily broken
- The instructions aren’t very clear. If you aren’t familiar with building things, you should avoid this machine
Best 3D Printers Under $500
Flashforge New Model 3D Printer
This is another example of one of the best 3D printer under 300, 500, and 1000 with quite catchy design. Set up below $500, this machine is quite sturdy with some of the greatest features.
- You can freely adjust it the way you want it because the machine offers flexible usage and operation
- It comes with a handy touchscreen display in 3.5 inch size which helps so much in the operation
- The printing status is delivered in the real time manner, so it is super useful
- The machine works wirelessly so you don’t need to connect anything to the printer
- It is a premium device with the best features and quality. With proper care, you can expect it to last for good
- The printing quality is awesome
- The customer support is impressive with super fast respond
- The printer only works best with PLA filament
From the design, this is a machine that is super straightforward and simple. If you are looking for an affordable machine less than $500 without compromising quality? Here you are! No fussy or complicated operation because everything is straightforward. The included features are:
- The simple machine is meant for beginners or novices
- The internal parts are premium so the overall construction is solid and reliable. They are also long lasting
- There is the heating bed with double metal layer for stronger construction and stable printing process
- The printing dimension is around 140 x 140 x 140mm which is considered enough for beginners
- Double layer metal which is equipped with spray paint technology, that makes the printing process become more efficient and stable, the printer itself become stronger!.
- Customer support is nice and responsive
- The printing quality is surprisingly very good, similar to those professional machines with more expensive tags
- The machine is pretty heavy
- Some users experience problems with the software but they are able to resolve it once they contact the customer support
[Open Filament] da Vinci 1.0 Pro. 3D Printer
As one of the best 3D printer under 500 USD, this machine is coming with the new technologies that are claimed to improve printing quality and operation. What can you expect from this machine, anyway?
- This is a machine that can be used with third party filaments
- The machine comes with new printing bed, with the glass bed and even heat distribution
- It also comes with new calibration system including the frustration free sensor, new design, and pre-calibrated system
- The machine comes with wireless connectivity features so you can send 3d files wirelessly. No cables needed at all.
- The machine is able to work with other software so it is super handy
- FREE CAD and slicing software
- The printer is super easy to use
- Users don’t have to calibrate anything – they only need to use it right away
- User friendly design
- The machine is pretty big and rather heavy
- You need to resolve some of the software issue first, which is possible, but after you do it, the printer works perfectly
Looking for a way to print any of your favorable images or objects? This printer from Monoprice won’t let you down. You can transform any 2D designs into the 3D objects easily and without any complication. What are the things to like about this machine?
- It comes with pre-assembled construction. You only need to tighten several screws and you are ready to print anything!
- It works with any filaments – which can save you a lot of operational costs
- There is a slot of the SD card, allowing you to print without connecting the machine to any computer
- PLA filament is included
- The quality printing is quite good and not cheesy at all
- The customer support is very nice, fast, and responsive
- You can use various compatible software like Cura, Repetier, or Simplify 3D
- There are tons of printable 3D models available for free, included in 2GB microSD.
- The leveling is bad
- After some times, the USB connection fails
Best 3D Printers Under $1000
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
If you are looking for a high quality 3d printer that has more features and won’t hurt your wallet and yet should be able to deliver promising outcome, this machine should be your best pick.
The printer has sophisticated features and also high tech functionality. The heated platform and the generous building dimension of 145 x 225 x 150mm will provide a satisfying outcome and easiness. The sturdy construction with enclosed chassis and metal frame make the device is worth buying especially for small business purposes. Some features of this printer are ;
- The software called FlashPrint is now more powerful, you don’t need to buy a new software after you have this one.
- A new power supply and you will be able to control the voltage of printer automatically
- New design of front door so you can easier access it to prints.
- The new extruder wiring router will help you efficiently to protect wiring from wear or tear
- The quality of the design is very nice and premium. With proper care and maintenance, you can actually expect the machine to last long
- Operation will be super easy once you are familiar with the whole thing
- Printing quality is impressive
- The setup is simple and fast
- Card Reader
- Some users experience faulty products as soon as they start unboxing the machine but it is resolved by the customer support
- Use the simple software instead of the advanced ones because this printer works best with the simplified programs
QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3DP-QDA16-01
Being one of the best 3D printer under $1000, this machine is packed with all the greatest technologies and handy features. What are they?
- The all metal frame will ensure solid and sturdy printing platform
- The printing area is fully enclosed, making sure that constant and steady temperature will be achieved while printing
- The printer is certified so you can be sure about the quality and also safety
- Fdm technology and Dual Extruder
- External frame is coated with Fully metal make the device much stronger
- The quality of the printing is solid and the machine itself is strong (and also stable)
- Software that can be used easily, especially for customization of 3D models
- The machine is easy to use with simple operation and program
- The customer service is fast, efficient, and responsive
- You can’t leave the print on the bed overnight because once it cools off, it will be difficult to remove
- The location of the card slot is pretty weird and it is not efficient
BIBO 3D Printer Dual Extruder Laser
The machine is pretty compact and the simple design allows easier and more efficient use. It comes with two important features : Wifi and Laser engraving module!. Of course, you can expect advanced technologies to be packed within the machine, such as:
- The laser engraver is a nice addition that can be used to engrave plastic, wood, paper, and leather
- This machine comes with dual extruder which means that you can save the printing time efficiently because it allows continuous printing process
- The filament detection is handy so you won’t have to experience running out of materials or interrupted work. The process will pause automatically and continue once you have replaced it
- It is a dual extruder machine where you can easily print 2 different objects simultanously
- Print 2 color objects without having to replace the filament during the printing process.
- Wifi control
- Full color touchscreen
- Metal frame
- The customer support has an awesome performance
- The printer is quite complicated, not recommended for beginners
The printer is able to deliver precise dimension and size, thanks to the High Ultra Precision technology included within the system. Other features include:
- All metal extruder along with the heated bed to accommodate different filament types
- Anti jam feeder so there won’t be any stuck problem
- Ultra High Precision – The device can works with small layer resolutions of up to 0.02 mm. 3D objects can be printed in high quality and the surface will be smoother and very detailed
- Print speed is up to 150 mm/sec.
- The low operating noise, 49dBA makes it perfect for home use, small business or even office environment.
- Operating the machine is simple and direct
- The quality of the printing is super nice and flawless
- Small power consumption
- The fan will start rubbing the rotor but you can fix it with the lubricating oil
- The screws are easily lose
Those are some of the reliable machines to choose. Now it’s time to check your budget, you can now choose according to your needs. Make sure you check reviews from users who have purchased this product so you will get the best device.