While some people might think color printers can easily beat the black-and-white ones, the latter notably stands out when they’re intended for business use. If you are constantly having to print a high volume of documents which don’t need colored ink, such as office memos, company letters and invoices, then monochrome printers are really the best way to go.
If you are thinking of buying a monochrome printer for a personal or even professional environment use? Then you’ve come to the right place for we have collected five of highly recommended and overall best monochrome printers. By looking at the features and the performance they offer, you’ll realize one of them, if not all, is worth every penny you’ll spend!
Brother Compact HL-L2350DW
Let’s start off with this HL-L2350DW model by Brother. You will get reasonable text quality at great printing speed and packaged with a low initial investment. This machine encompasses all the basic and must-have feature set that should suffice for most printing light small offices or even busy home offices.
Moreover, text quality is basically the most important thing to take into account when shopping for a monochrome printer, and that’s why the HL-L2350DW stands out. It can deliver excellent black-and-white documents with the text being easily legible even at the smallest of font sizes. Its best selling point is probably the compact design that’s flat and squat, not to mention very lightweight too!
Here are some of the features and strengths that make this worth buying:
- This printer comes with a quality paper handling capacity for it is higher than most of the competition. This machine can hold up to 250 sheets at one go with a 250 to 2000/pages of monthly duty cycles. That’s impressive considering this is an entry-level device. On top of that, you’ll also get a manual bypass tray with a one sheet capacity!
- The print speed of the Brother HL-L2350DW is outstanding and in the upper range of the accepted spectrum for this level. It can deliver papers at a speed of 30 ppm.
- This printer comes with automatic duplex printing in which. This results in paper cost savings. Bear in mind that this is not a common feature in this market segment.
- Last but not least, the easy-to-link wireless technology provides you access to submit print jobs from all of your devices.
Samsung Xpress M2020W
Another entry level monochrome printer that’s totally off the charts is the Samsung Xpress M2020W. This is one of the best monochrome printers that’s ideal for anybody with a limited budget. Samsung has done its best to maintain small footprint and it’s evident in the design: folding down the front panel will give you the paper feed tray.
Add to that the two-stage paper support that folds out from the top takes a rakishly steep angle, improving the printer’s height while still maintaining its depth. This device is designed with features of the following, guaranteed to enhance your productivity:
- Designed with single-button wireless setup for great value. The small control panel on the right-hand side has two leds along with two illuminated buttons. Coupled with WiFi + NFC connectivity, you’ll be able to print at fast speed with no hassle at all
- The NFC will enable your smartphones/tablets to connect and communicate with the printer. Simply tap your NFC-enabled mobile device for a trouble-free printing. There’s also a USB socket too at the back of the printer for a more flexible option
- The printer can print up to 21 ppm with recommended monthly cycle of 100 to 1500 pages. A single-piece drum as well as toner cartridge slides into the depths of the machine once you’ve hinged the entire top cover up, out of the way. the cartridge, while it’s maybe low at one capacity of 1,000 pages for a laser, but when compared with inkjet type at the same price range, it’s definitely worth it and considered to be high quality
- Samsung equips this machine with Easy Eco panel that previews a print job and allows you to select options like multiple pages per sheet, lower toner use and duplex printing. Interestingly, it shows reductions in paper, toner, energy, cost and CO2 as your option changes!
A printer small enough for personal home office use but an ideal choice for sharing in a micro office? Sounds like Brother HL-L2340DW! This printer is designed with home and small office professionals in mind. The compact laser printer is equipped with all the wireless and mobile connectivity you could possibly need for work or school project.
Reliability, speed and flexibility are just of a few of the attributes of this desk-friendly machine. Not only can it deliver up to 27 ppm, it also offers duplex printing. It’s definitely ideal for producing business documents such as spreadsheets, multipage reports, invoices, etc. what else does this printer have to offer?
- Since paper handling is always one of the things need to look out for in printers, the Brother HL-L2340DW scores well in this department for it comes with a 250-sheet tray, a built-in duplexer and a one-sheet manual feed.
- Aside from the standard mobile printing, when it’s connected to your network, you’ll be able to print seamlessly through the cloud and print from Android and iOS devices
- This printer surely supports those with multiple devices because the wireless connectivity feature permits visitors/employees to your office to print documents directly from their devices. The streamlines efficiency includes Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct, brother and iPrint&Scan.
Another monochrome printer by Brother that’s overall a good all-rounder is the MFCL2740DW model. For starters, it can print, copy, fax and scan. It also offers double-sided printing and a range of connectivity such as Ethernet, WLAN and USB. Don’t be fooled by its rather plain appearance.
This machine promises you great reliability with its 64MB of on-board memory. The printer produces sharp, crisp text and images without obvious banding as well as decent blacks. The scanning and printing are reasonably quiet too.
Here are the features that are present in this device:
- The printer can deliver speeds of up to 30 ppm which is really impressive for the SOHO market range. The productivity is also supported by a 250-sheet paper tray, a 35-sheet AD and a single-sheet media tray.
- You’ll immediately be provided a range of print options upon installations such as toner save mode, paper curl reduction and print output quality options (300dpi, 600 dpi and the HQ1200 mode)
- Its security is top notch because the printer provides PIN-protected Secure Print too. The device won’t produce the document without the PIN you set up!
- Controls are also kept to a minimum: in addition to the 2.7” color touchscreen, it also comes with a power button as well as hidden illuminated Home and Back buttons. No wonder this is one of the best monochrome printers due to its high quality output, reliability and feature-rich capabilities.
Canon ImageCLASS MF244dw
Lastly, we recommend you the Canon ImageCLASS MF244dw. Whether you want this for your home office or small office environment, it can do any job thrown in its direction with no trouble. Its standard print, scan and copy abilities allow you to accomplish any task with just one machine.
If you are environmentally conscious, then you’ll surely appreciate the fact that this device only uses 2 watts of energy in wireless thanks to Energy Save Mode, you can now save more money and energy cost.
Here are the other easy-to-use features that can turn your daily workforce into a breeze:
- This printer can print professional quality documents at speeds of up to 28 ppm with a quick first print time of six seconds or less.
- This machine is Eco-conscious with recommended monthly cycle of 500-2500 pages with paper capacity of up to 250 sheets in the standard tray and one sheet for the multipurpose tray.
- The LCD panel is tillable so you can seamlessly navigate through all the features. The home screen is incredibly user friendly
- It’s a wide range of wireless connectivity will definitely increase your productivity because you’ll have the ability to print anywhere in your home office. Print on the go from your Apple AirPrint, Canon PRINT Business, Mopria Print Service and Google Cloud Print
There you have it folks! Hopefully this list of best monochrome printers can help you make an educated decision that you won’t regret!