Some people are probably wondering why they would need the best printer for Chromebook. First of all, this kind of laptop is different from the other types of laptops. It is running on Google Chrome operating system instead of Windows or Mac. Moreover, the laptops are designed for primary use connected to the internet so most of the documents and applications would be kept in the cloud system. The specs or features for the device itself are pretty similar to the other laptops but the use and functions are different.
Unfortunately not all printers have the direct support for the Chromebook since they don’t have the features. However, it is also a good thing that some printers have the required specs and features that you can use along the laptop and its operating system. So, what are those devices?
The following are some of the best printer for chromebooks in 2019, you can consider these if you are serious to buy one.
HP ENVY 4520 Wifi AIO Printer
This is one of the printers that can be used for making copies, scanning, and also printing. The fact that it comes with a wireless system is definitely nice because it provides easier (and also simpler) management in the operation. No wonder if this device is included within the best printer for Chromebook list.
The features to like from this device are:
- You can enjoy the mobile printing that allows you to have efficient printing from any devices without having to connect them to the printer. Thanks to the ePrint HP app, you can enjoy a more flexible and efficient printing operation
- The AirPrint system is a complete help if you are looking for an efficient alternative
- The Instant HP Ink will help you with the ink management. This system will make sure that you never run out of inks. It lets the printer track usage and has ink delivered before you run out. This makes you to save up to 50% by paying for pages printed through HP Instant Inks.
- The display screen with its 2.2 inch design helps a lot with the operation
- The touchscreen feature helps with faster operation and easier functionality
- The setup process is simple and quite straightforward
- The ink cartridge is expensive, which is a contradictory with the cheap printer
- The scanner isn’t really good
Canon MX492 Wireless Printer
As one of the best all in one printer for Chromebook, this printer has a lot of promising use and features. This is another multifunctional printer that can be used for making copies and scanning. Besides the added functions, you can be sure that the printing quality is just promising and superb, thanks to the myriads of features available:
- On the contrary to what you think, this printer is pretty compact and small. You can place it anywhere you like without having to provide a special space
- Print speed up to 8.8 ppm
- The AirPrint technology allows you to print directly from your devices and you won’t need to install any drivers or whatsoever
- The special PRINT app from Canon helps you to scan or print photos from any mobile device easily.
- As many printer manufacturers do, it comes to 1 Year limited warranty with Instant Exchange Program which includes a Year toll free technical phone support.
- The printing quality is fine as long as you don’t use it for professional purpose
- The replacement ink comes with affordable price
- It is a good printer for basic needs and operation
- Software is a bit flimsy and not great
- The printer can be loud and noisy
Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Monochrome Wireless Printer
If you are looking for a professional monochrome printer device to help you with the printing operation, this would be the best option to go for. The printer is easy to use without compromising outcome and quality. There are some great reasons why this printer is included in the list of the best printers:
- It comes with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology that allows you to print anything without having to connect your devices to the printer. That’s why we think the price is equivalent with the features. Thanks to NFC.
- It also comes with fast printing speed so you can always tackle many printing needs without having to wait long
- It is compatible with most operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, MacOS and other Os. Thanks to compatible drivers which support anything we want.
- The cloud printing technology also helps a lot in managing better printing work
- Low power consumption with 1.5 W (Sleep), 1.9 W (Sleep with Wi-Fi Direct), 310 W (Printing), 30 W (Standby).
- The design is elegant and simple
- The printer is quiet so it is super nice
- The setup process is easy and direct
- It comes with duplex printing ability
- The customer support is poor and not helpful at all
- The toner price is unbelievably high
- The duplex printing isn’t automatic so you will have to set it
Canon MG6620 Wifi Multifunction Printer
The PIXMA MG6620 from Canon is a multifunction inkjet printer that can delivers excellent performance and remarkable quality. You will have various option to connect to this devices, from smartphones, tablets or Canon Print app. This printer is one of the best choices for chromebook users, thanks to the handy features and technologies, such as:
- Touch and Print technology. It combines wireless printing system with the NFC technology so you can directly print any documents or images from your mobile devices.
- The printer also comes with AirPrint technology. When combined with the Touch and Print feature, the final result is superb.
- The PRINT Canon app makes it easy to share information directly from the mobile devices to the printer, and enables quick printing process
- The printer is compatible with different operating systems as well as ink tanks.
- Compatible with many Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- Impressively, canon PRINT app has been integrated by popular Cloud services like Google, Dropbox, Flickr, Facebook and Twitter which make you feel so easier to share and print information directly from your smartphone and tablet.
- The display screen with its 3 inches size is quite handy with the operation
- The cloud print features is nice
- The printer is quiet and not noisy at all
- When you don’t use the original ink, you won’t be able to use other features, even scanning. This is ridiculous
- Some users experience the printer saying that it is offline where it isn’t
Epson WorkForce WF-2860
If you are looking for an efficient machine to help with your printing work, this device will help. Aside from the design, there are tons of features you can enjoy from it, such as:
- The multifunctional device that can be used for printing, making copies, and scanning
- The design is small and compact but with powerful outcome and performance
- It comes with duplex printing system
- Features 2.4″ color touchscreen to easily print, fax, copy and print
- Completed by a 30 page Auto Document Feeder and 150 sheet paper capacity for better copying and scanning process.
- The touchscreen feature is okay but it isn’t great
- Setting up process is fairly easy and straightforward
- Some users have problems with the WiFi router
- The device is loud
Those are some of the best printers that we can recommend for owners or for those of you who will buy a chromebook. It depends on your needs, preference and budget now, but make sure that you have done a careful research before you decide to buy the printer.
Hope this helps and thanks for reading