If your business requires you to print out a lot of checks then make sure you buy a printer that best suits the needs of your company. Buying checks online or from a bank can be very expensive, this will definitely make your expenses bigger. This means, you will need a printing machine and the printer must be able to cope with the demands of your needs, and it can be used for printing checks so you can focus to expand your business.
Choosing the right printer can make your initial investment low and will make the printer lifespan last longer. If that’s the kind of printer you are looking for, then check out these economical and overall best printers for checks in 2022 worth buying.
HP Officejet 4650
Let’s start off with the all-in-one device where it can keep up with your check-printing needs just fine. It can also do photo printing along with the obvious basic needs such as copying, scanning, printing and faxing. Those are rare to find in an entry-level printer.
Appearance-wise, it looks professional with a few modern touches. The recommended monthly print volume is between 100 and 400 so it really is best suited for a small office. This printer can print a text document faster than its competitors where it can churn out five-page text documents in 33 seconds.
This printer supports many paper sizes. Normally, printers only support photo, legal and letter. The 4650 supports all of those along with 4×6, 8×10, 5×7 and envelopes. Other features include:
- There is an automatic ADF on the device where you can load multipage documents for faxing, copying and scanning. HP, of course, didn’t forget to include the duplexer feature.
- You will be helped with the easy-to-use control panel where using it is a simple affair. There is no dedicated buttons other than the Home and Back buttons. However, HP leaves one interesting touch in which there is a 2” arm swings out from the body automatically to act as the output tray’s paper catch.
- There is also a quiet mode feature where the noise level will decrease in case you need a quiet environment.
- There is also a wide range of connectivity options like Wi-Fi direct printing, or USB.
The XP-640 model by Epson is another printer that can do it all, i.e. print, scan, copy and photo and one of the best printers for checks. This model offers two input trays, a specialty media tray that can handle 20 sheets of glossy paper up to 5×7” in size and a main 100-sheet paper cassette.
It’s also packed with a 30-shet output tray on top of the main tray. What makes this printer stands out is its ability to print a 4×6” photo in under 20 seconds. Not only that, but the XP-640 also offers a healthy variety of features and coupled with a solid performance, it’s amazing that this printer is available at a very compelling price.
- This device is designed with a creative duplexer for when you are in the mood for two-sided printing, guaranteed to save more time and paper.
- You can easily print your photos from your smartphones or tablets with its Wi-Fi connectivity options along with a USB port and SD card slot for printing from memory cards and thumb drives. You can either use a router or don’t, it’s not an inherent requirement.
- This machine comes in a 2.7 inch LCD, PC free printing, card slots, and built-in USB. Simply use Epson Creative Print app if you want to print photos directly from your Instagram and Facebook accounts.
- You can automatically scan to Cloud and Facebook too. That’s what a state-of-the-art printer looks like!
Brother offers a printer that’s small enough for personal home office use but still an ideal machine for sharing in a micro office with this HL-L2340DW model. This printer is hard to pass by if you’re on the hunt for a small printer that offers reasonable speed and good paper handling.
As a matter of fact, this is a perfect candidate for anyone who is looking for a monochrome printer that has a lot going for it, e.g. mobile printing support and printing speed. The bottom line, this really suffices as the ideal printer for most micro-office and personal use.
As long as you don’t have an unusual need for small fonts, you can always have acceptable text quality for business purposes. Here are the features that you can expect when buying this printer:
- This device engine is can print up to 27 pages per minute. That’s the ideal speed you would normally expect when printing text documents that need little to no processing.
- This printer comes with extra features such as Wi-Fi Direct and mobile printing, all of which will keep you happy.
- You can also print seamlessly through the cloud and print from an Android or iOS device if it’s connected to your network.
- This machine scores well in paper handling for it comes with a 250-sheet tray with a one-sheet manual feed as well as a built-in duplexer that facilitates two-sided printing.
Canon PIXMA MG3620
Canon has always prided itself on being the undefeated champion in the printer world when it comes to printing graphics. This device can spit out high image quality quickly. Furthermore, it can do fast scanning and fast color copying as well.
The MG3620 is a bare-bone wireless multifunction machine for those who don’t want to pay extra for features they don’t need. Safe to say, this printer performs most tasks at better-than-average speeds. But, you probably already fall in love with this at the fat that it delivers high-quality prints.
However, this doesn’t mean it’s not designed with useful features that can hinder this machine from catering to your business needs.
- This machine comes with a duplexer which is useful for making two-sided prints.
- At 6.4 ppm, it’s not a fast at printing text but if speed isn’t your priority then this shouldn’t be a problem.
- There is a control panel to the left of the lid that has buttons, allowing you to switch between plain letter-size paper and 4×6” photo paper.
- There is an extension to the input tray that swings outward. It extends long enough to support letter-size prints.
Dell (C1760NW) Color Laser Printer
Lastly, we recommend the Dell C170NW for your check printing needs. It can spit out 15 black and white pages per minute and 12 pages for color. In a nutshell, this printer is perfect if you need a lot of paper fast. It’s pretty straightforward to use and the image quality is indisputable.
As a matter of fact, it can print 1200dpi images. Bear in mind that laser printers aren’t meant to print photos but they are excellent in creating crisp, sharp text with basic visual elements. This model can spit those pages out at a faster rate than inkjet machines.
Besides, you’ll appreciate how easy it is to set up this printer and when it’s running, you are ready to use its amazing features like below:
- This device comes with an input tray that can hold up to 150 sheets along with a 10-sheet bypass tray. It’s also coupled with a 100-sheet output bin.
- In terms of connectivity, you can expect a built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and a USB 2.0 port.
- On-board controls include a five-button panel along with a two-line LCD display and if you’d like to print from your phone, this machine is compatible with Dell’s Mobile print app for Android and iOS.
One of these printers surely meets the needs of everyone, especially for printing checks. Hopefully, this list of best printers for checks will make your decision-making process less daunting