Shopping for a new printer that is meant for a home office or tiny workspace can be a bit daunting. Not only do you need to make sure the printer fits what little space is left on your already crowded desk, but you have to make sure the machine comes with the right capabilities that will help you enhance your work productivity.
It can obviously be tricky to nail down which specs you need and which features you need to skip.
If you need help picking the best printers from small to medium businesses in 2020, then take a look at this list below and check the features
Canon MX922 AIO Business Printer
Let’s start off with one of the leading manufacturers in the printer industry. Canon promises you high-quality photographs with their MX922 model in addition to the typical features of an all-in-one office printing machine. This is one of the Canon’s 2013 lines and is one of the printers designed specifically for home use, i.e. small to the medium environment.
If you’ve been following Canon for sometimes, you might notice some notable upgrades from the previous Mx892 model such as the larger paper capacity, improved print speeds, and wireless connectivity. The automatic document feeder is foldable from the lid and can copy, scan and fax documents.
There is also a three-inch LCD dual function panel along with four device keys, a few quick keys, a CD/DVD printing port, and a front-side USB port. All in all, a very versatile and fully-featured machine you shouldn’t miss if it’s convenience and productivity that you’re after!
Here are the features that are responsible for workforce efficiency:
- There’s a 20 sheet photo tray and the printer features five individual ink cartridges. You can replace them with high capacity or standard, totally your choice! There is also a 250 sheet paper tray, of course.
- You can find a USB 2.0 port on the back of the machine and an Ethernet port, the latter is a rare feature in printers today. Add to that the printer can also be set up through a wireless LAN.
- You have access to Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Pixma Cloud Print. This allows you to print images from Picasa or Canon Gateways accounts.
- Performance improvement is shown in its print speed capability for monochrome documents reaching to 14 ppm. Meanwhile, color printing only takes 8 ppm, this is twice as fast as the previous model!
HP Envy 4520 Multifunction Printer
One of the things that make it worth being mentioned in this thread for best printers from small to medium businesses is the latest ink delivery technologies which can prolong cartridge life. This can potentially save you money through its Instant Ink delivery service as well. In terms of print speed tests, this device really scores well. The all-in-one printer is meant to ease back on expensive ink refills.
The redesigned chassis sits low to the ground and easily gets out of the way when not in use. It also comes with the minimal touchscreen that frees the control panel from confusion and button clutter. The HP Envy series always leans heavily toward a slick and slim design. Therefore, it’s perfect for an office whose space is at a premium. Ok, that sounds good, but what else does this device have to offer you?
- The paper handling comes with a 100-sheet input tray that pulls out of a drawer from the bottom of the printer. It also has adjustable sliders to accommodate media sizes like A6, A5 or A4. The tray itself has designated size labels etched into it that serves as a guide to ensure correct paper fitting in the feeder.
- There is also a really cool feature in which the device automatically extends a plastic lip to corral prints when you begin a job to keep things organized. Note that you still need to flip up the last piece to prevent sheets from flying outward, but it’s no biggie!
- The output tray can hold up to 25-sheet of paper at once. This makes sense since the machine is designed for 1000 pages/month.
Brother HL-L8360CDW Color Laser With Duplex
You happen to have a small office and print a lot of documents on a daily basis? Then the Brother Printer HL-L8360CDW might just be the one for you. This is meant for those who print more than 1000 pages per month and are looking for a single-function printer that has no problem keeping up.
The HL-L8360CDW by Brother can prints up to 16 pages per minute. The text produced is nearly flawless too. Back this up with an intuitive touchscreen and fairly great looking graphics and you’ve got yourself a winner! Fair warning, though, this device is quite large and you might want to have a dedicated table for this. This shouldn’t deter you from buying it though, take a look at these features before scrolling past this:
- This printer comes with a very generous paper tray handling at up to 300 sheets (and even more if you purchase additional paper trays). The tray is expendable and large
- Toner cartridges is of high capacity. The toner itself can go up to larger 4000-page yields for colors and 9000 for monochrome. The HL-L8360CDW can definitely handle a range of printing demands comfortably!
- The excellent networking support and great print security are what clinch it. It has an Ethernet connection, wireless (802.11n), Appel AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC and even OneDrive, Evernote and Dropbox support.
Samsung Xpress M2020W Black/White Laser
A versatile laser printer that comes in a tiny size and at an unbeatable price? Yes, please! Samsung Xpress M2020W is a compact printer that works well in tight spaces like the corner of an office or a desk. There is also a fairly long power cable included so you can keep it on the ground and away from view.
Samsung might not be the first brand most people would go for in terms of printers, but if you set this machine to the highest quality setting, you’ll get an exceptionally remarkable output text for resumes, presentation handouts, and important files.
This device comes with bristling features that, on the whole, you should just drop everything else you had in mind before and just grab this nifty piece of printing machine.
- Networking connectivity includes Wi-Fi, NFC compatibility as well as the ability to print your documents from both your Android and iOS devices. There is also USB cable provided so you can connect it to a smartphone, tablet or PC. This printer is compatible with CloudPrint and doesn’t worry, iOS owners, this device is AirPrint-enabled as well!
- The printer comes with a 150-sheet input tray and can handle various media types, including card stock, standard sizes, envelopes, recycled, labels and more. You can also set the option to print on both sides of the paper if you’re feeling especially green. This is why the Xpress M2020W is worth being called one of the best printers from small to medium businesses.
- With its 21 ppm, Samsung definitely tops the speed of this machine. The quality of the toner cartridge also suits Samsung’s positive standards. Each cartridge can spit out approx. 1000 pages but the red flag is the cartridge will cost you almost the amount you paid for the printer.
Epson Workforce WF-3540 AIO Inkjet Wireless
The print quality might be average but given the fact that it comes at a very reasonable price, it’s understandable. Plus, the not-so-top-notch print output is easily overshadowed by the well-featured aspect of this machine. The printer is easy to deploy and use.
It supports both wired and wireless connectivity but you must choose one as they can’t be active at the same time. The modes are easily found in the MFP’s tidy web interface though. Office documents come out clean and sharp with no dust around characters whatsoever.
As for color photos, the high mode will help you to achieve a very detailed output with no hint of banding in the backgrounds. At 24 ppm, this is definitely worth having if your small or medium office happens to be a fast-paced environment. Here are the other specs you should know about:
- The cloud support of this device is definitely top-notch. You can also benefit from its ability to print from and scan to a USB memory stick.
- This machine features the infamous Epson’s replaceable ink pack system in which the ink bags slot into receptacles in the device’s base.
- Yes, this device supports duplex printing and yes it holds up to 250-sheet per tray. There is also a 50-page ADF and 80-sheet MPT. All these features will make sure your printing needs are always fulfilled.
I hope your printer conundrum can be solved by browsing through this list of best printers from small to medium businesses.