With the numerous kinds of large format photo printers that are available in the market today, it has become easier to figure out what exactly this device is capable of doing. You can certainly do a lot of comparisons among the brands and models, but you should start first by knowing what is actually expected from a large format photo printer.
Large format photo printing can be perfectly done using an appropriate printing device. What this means is that you will need to have a photo printer that is at least 14 inches to be able to accommodate large format printing. It should be understood that the size is one important factor to achieve nest results. When used for a large format photo printing, the large format photo printers to be used should be capable of handling printing layouts that are from 8 to 17 inches.
1. Canon iP8720 Wireless Printer
The iP8720 is a premium inkjet photo printer from Canon where it can prints a true photo lab quality photos from your home. You’ll be able to print borderless photos up to 13 x 19 inch with print color resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 dpi (max).
It uses 6 individual ink tanks and also packed with other high quality features like Duplexer which can reduce the usage of paper and printing cost up to 50%. Using this device, you can print on other medias like CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs as well. All your beautiful photos can also be printed with ease from your HD Movie clips.
The device is equipped with wireless connectivity and mobile printing features (Airprint, Google Cloud Print, and more) with print speed up to 15.0 ipm for black and color: 10.0 ipm. All will be more fun because some new effects can be applied to your images like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, etc, Auto Photo Fix II and My Image Garden software.
- Auto Duplex
- CD/DVD Printing
- Dual Paper Cassettes
- Complicated software installation procedure
- No SD card slots
- No LCD screen
2. Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Professional Photo Printer
This Canon Pixma PRO-10 is a professional wireless inkjet photo printers and it is spesifically designed for photo enthusiasts. The good thing about this device is that it’s very versatile. For a photographer, a printer like this can be very useful. It can print or produce top notch photos at a good speed with a resolution up to 4800 dpi.
The device is capable of printing lab-quality borderless 4’’ x 6’’ photos in as fast as 29 seconds and it is also capable of Print professional high-quality photos on various media with a size of up to 13″ x 19″. The Printer has complete connectivity features including Wireless, Ethernet anb USB. Meanwhile in terms of print speed, the results is up to 9ppm.
It also features 10-color LUCIA pigment ink system to increase the quality of monochrome prints, a Chroma Optimizer and Print Studio Pro plug-in software to get awesome results from various photo apps, two paper trays and Built-in CD/DVD Printing.
- Network ready
- Outputs gallery-worthy photos.
- Reliable text quality.
- No memory card slots
- Big size (heavy)
3. Epson SureColor P400 Wireless Printer
The Epson SureColor P400 is one of the best printers for creative individuals. It can brings true-to-life color to your photos and awesome print quality, thanks to Ultra Chrome HG2 ink, and 8-color pigment ink set where Red and Orange inks for vibrant outputs are also included.
The device also features wireless connectivity and other options like USB or even wired Ethernet networking standards and you can use this printer to print on media of up to 13″ wide. To give the impression of a dramatic and professional-lab look on the printout, this machine comes also equipped with Unique Gloss Optimizer, meanwhile with the bigger ink cartridges, with a size of 14 mL individualy, you can print more documents without having to worry about running out of ink, replace only the color you need!.
Plus, Professional cut sheet as well as roll paper handling that allows you to print on various media.
- Excellent photo quality.
- Top text quality
- Large printing unit
4. Canon PIXMA Pro-100
The Canon Pixma Pro-100 offers professional level quality printing technology at consumer prices and lets one produce an excellent array of graphic prints that can match and appear to be as good as the images on the desktop screens with ease through its impressive features; the 8 dye-based inks with incredible gradient colors, reconfigured Canon ChromaLife 100+ System and the Optimum Image Generating System (OIG) or the Image Optimization Technology that fabricates colors through significant ink mixing and balancing.
- Admirable print quality. Canon Pixma Pro-100 uses a high quality dye based ink system which produces a professional type of image outputs printed vibrantly in contrast to the printer who uses only a pigment based ink system.
- All Canon Pixma Printer reviews also present it as a printer that uses three monochrome ink colors — the black, the gray, and the light gray, for a better and enhanced black and shadow replica.
- Easy to use, no hassle setup and amazingly fast photo print speed.
- The built- in wireless and wired network interface which helps in massive printing without splitting the use of printer in between computers.
- First, the ink is quite expensive. In certain considerations, using a less amount of ink may help save a few cash compared to the other desktop printers because the Canon Pixma PRO-100 still uses standard cartridges, which has smaller and less ink tanks (only eight).
- Second, the print longevity of a dye based printer doesn’t last long compared to a pigment based printer.
- The printer is relatively big and heavy, approximately weighing almost 50 pounds but smaller than other Canon printer.
- It is almost certainly posh and may sound pricey for a casual user, nevertheless a reasonable outlay and in pretty favor for a pro.
5. HP DesignJet T120 Printer
Another great large format photo printer is the HP Designjet T120 where it can handle most your large printing needs. The DesignJet T120 is a great printer device for small printing business or even a large office, it can not only be used to print on regular sized letter paper but can also print larger banners and posters.
This printer measures 11.2 x 38.9 x 20.9 inches, and weighs of up to 56 pounds and can create crisp or clear floor designs in about 10 minutes or less. In terms of connectivity, it supports Ethernet; USB and wireless and with print speed up to 5 ppm for black and white document.
- 4.3-inch color touch screen
- Excellent graphics quality
- Web connectivity
- Prints up to 24″ wide
- Easy to install
- Some users experience color issues when print photos and graphics.
As you can expect, these kinds of printing device are costly, given the amount of quality and accuracy of the print out that they can create. It is for this reason also that they are not commonly used for home or office use. When it comes to the durability and dependability of large format photo printers, it has been said that they are guaranteed to be very tough and can last for quite some time. Particularly, these photo printers can withstand specific amounts of shock and applied pressure.
The usefulness and necessity of these wide format photo printers are undeniable. Many big companies rely on these devices for the majority of their printing needs. And if you will ever need the services of such photo printers, you can check out what the most trusted brands, namely Canon, HP, Dell and Epson, have to offer.