If you are running a business, especially an e-commerce type, then you know that a shipping label printer would be a handy device. Instead of writing all of those labels by hand, you can easily input the data and print it out whenever you need to do it.
You don’t necessarily need a special printer to print those labels – any printer will do. The question is: what kind of printer would be good for this action? Is a laser printer will do it or do you need an inkjet type? Do you prefer a thermal device? Or do you want a dedicated special printer for the job? Well, it depends on your budgets, really, and the outcome you want from it.
In today’s modern world, some manufacturers have designed their own specialized printer for the shipping label. Again, you don’t have to buy a dedicated printer for this activity, but people tend to get the fastest and most efficient result. Instead of tweaking with the setup, default mechanism, and such thing alike, they prefer having a shipping label printer on its own. At least, it saves them time from having to make changes or adjustments whenever they need it. So, what are the candidates for this device?
Let’s check it out, 20 Best Shipping Label Printer for Your Professional Business!
1. MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer 4×6
As one of the best label printers for shipping ever designed, this printer has tons of likable features. Not only it is able to print out the labels quite fast (and in good quality too), but it doesn’t require a long time for the set up either. Whatever your operating system is (Mac or Windows), rest assured that the printer would be able to perform the work just flawlessly.
It is a thermal printer, which means that you don’t need any ink to have the entire job done. In fact, you can use it for all kinds of labels, such as shipping labels, food nutrition labels, UPS, warehouse labels, and so much more.
It also supports automatic operation. You only need to insert the label and let the printer do the rest. Unlike other printers that require you to struggle to feed the label, you won’t have to deal with such an issue with this one.
- It supports high-speed printing speed, up to 150mm/s
- It doesn’t need any ink or such thing alike
- It works well with major sales and shipping platforms and labeling including eBay, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, Shopify, Etsy
- Printing quality is just superb
- Feeding requires more than just one label, which can be such a waste
If you want a reliable device to help you with regular (or daily) e-commerce activities, and you don’t mind with a little waste, then this device would be a perfect business companion for you.
2. DYMO Label Printer LabelWriter 450
The most favorable thing about this label printer is the fact that you don’t need toner or ink at all. As one of the best thermal label printers, the thermal technology really saves you a lot of money on the operation. You can easily enjoy the fun of making labels without having to worry about running out of ink.
With this printer, there is no waste to worry about. The printer saves you money and time with the cut labels as well as the pre-sized ones. It won’t jam either, removing all the frustration of having to redo everything from the beginning.
The printer generally comes with its own labels, which would ensure quality and performance, especially for a professional setup. No more lousy result or flimsy product with poor quality.
- Easy operation with straightforward use
- High-quality performance and printing
- Effective operation with time-reduced preparation and planning
- Including 2 rolls of address labels
- No expensive ink or toner
- Print high-resolution labels directly from Windows popular programs like word or outlook
- No wireless
- Not compatible with Chromebook
It’s no wonder if this device is considered one of the best label printers, especially for the quality and performance. If you can find a premium label that works well with this printer, it will be even more impressive.
3. Dymo Thermal Label Writer Printer
If you are looking for a reliable shipping label printer that can accommodate different kinds of sizes and different kinds of templates, this one would be the right pick for you. Whether it is identification labels, warehouse labels, and others, rest assured that you can pull it off just okay with this printer.
Not only the printer can deliver perfect quality and crisp printing outcomes, but it is also fast. You can print up 4-lines of address 129 times in a minute. Quite impressive, huh?
The printer is easily operated with customized features. There are around 60 different templates and texts, and everything is highly customized with the special software from Dymo.
- It is easy to use and pretty straightforward to tweak
- The printing service is fast and accommodative
- It can be used with different sizes, labels, and many others
- Print labels up to 4″ wide
- You can customize text and graphics using DYMO Software (Available free)
- Print labels directly from eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and iabol
- The software is a bit tricky – not a favorable part
- Some users have to struggle to print labels properly as the outcome isn’t so good
The printer has a nice operation and straightforward use. It’s a worthy device that you should have if you own an e-commerce business.
4. Thermal Label Printer- iDPRT SP410
The printer comes with all the right and convenient features that will make operation easy. It comes in high-speed feature. It is low in noise so it isn’t disturbing. And it supports effective operation that delivers perfect outcomes (and minimize time waste).
This printer has a pretty solid and sturdy construction, which ensures long-lasting operation. The print head is customizable and it also supports different label sizes. With the combination of high speed and thermal technology, printing is made convenient – and economical. There is no need to spend extra on toner or ink.
- The design is modern, sleek, and simple
- Up to 6IPS high-speed printing with low noise
- The technology is nice to support efficient printing without spending a fortune
- The printing speed is impressive without compromising the quality or performance
- It is compatible with the different operating system, including Mac or Windows
- Installation is made easy, simple, and straightforward
- Some users find that the rolls can be quite big, which can be quite a problem for some people
If you want a useful printer for a shipping label that won’t cost you a fortune, then this would be the perfect option. It may not be a perfect device, but it is an ideal pick.
5. Aobio Thermal Label Printer
The thermal printer supports direct printing – saving you money for the operation and in the longer run. Not to mention that it is just perfect for multiple sales and transportation platforms for flawless quality print.
The printer is easy to install – you don’t have to be a tech-savvy person to do it. Not only it comes with a handy user guide, but the tech support is impressive too.
The printer has its own smart technology that will automatically ‘recognize’ and detect the label size to ensure premium printing quality. The result would be clear, crisp, and bright – exuding the professional quality.
The printer supports different kinds of sizes. Plus, it also offers stable and high-speed performance. Expect impressive quality without having to worry about any flimsy result or poor outcome.
- High-speed printing, Up to 152mm/s
- Small/takes up little space
- Premium and high-quality printing result
- Easy installation without complication
- Smart technologies
- Support Windows & Mac
- Easily prints labels from 1.57″ to 4.3″ wide
- NOT compatible with Chromebook, Tablets, Smartphones
If you absolutely want to have a reliable printing device by your side, and you want to print out premium results without compromising performance, then this product won’t disappoint at all.
6. Munbyn Label Printer
From the design alone, this device has promising quality, design, and product. It is compact, sleek, and stylish. Of course, a printer would be useless without the performance and function. This thermal printer is able to produce high-quality results without you having to spend extra money for operation or maintenance.
Not only this device operates with thermal technology, but it is also fast and responsive. The printer also accommodates different label sizes. It is also compatible with different labels from shipping platforms and marketplaces.
Installation is also easy and convenient. You should be able to fix everything up without any issue – and you don’t even have any technical background or experience.
- Installation is easy and straightforward
- Printing quality is superb
- The operation is simple and flawless
- It is a green printer because it uses thermal technology
- It helps you save a lot of money for the operation
- 150mm/s printing
- It doesn’t have any wireless capacity so everything happens manually and the printer must be connected to a computer or device
This Munbyn printer would be a reliable companion for your business. It has limited downsides but it offers tons of benefits and perks.
7. Rollo Commercial Label Printer
This label printer is compatible with various operating systems, including Mac and Windows, giving you flexibility and easiness in producing the labels. Not to mention that the printer operates with thermal technology, which means that you won’t have to worry about extra spending for the toner and ink. With this printer, you won’t have to worry about overpriced labels – you can make one by yourself.
And this printer also supports high-speed features, and it doesn’t even compromise the performance or quality. It is also compatible with various shipping platforms, like Endivia, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, Dazzle, and others. It also includes compatibility with marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and more. The printer works well with modern platforms and is perfect for your e-commerce business.
- The printer works well with various labels and different sizes
- Installation is easy and it doesn’t require any complicated arrangement
- Operation is also easy – everyone can do it!
- Not only it supports fast printing ability, 150mm/s, but it also offers good quality.
- Some people experience an issue with the darker color outcome
- It’s not always easy to feed the labels into the printer
Rollo is a great printer that isn’t only compact, but also reliable in performance and quality. If you aren’t really fussy with color quality, then this would be the most perfect device for you.
8. Polono Thermal USB Printer
When you buy a printer for labels, you want to make sure that you get what’s the money worth. It’s a good thing that the printer is packed with tons of beneficial features. For a starter, this printer is compatible with different operating systems, including Mac and Windows. The printer also works well with various e-commerce and shipping platforms, including eBay, Amazon, Shopify, USPS, FedEx, Etsy, and so much more.
It is a printer with a green operation because it doesn’t use ink or toner. The thermal label printer offers a high printing mechanism where you can produce around 60 labels a minute. The printer has automatic label detection where it can catch the label automatically and then feed it into the device. When it comes to installation, everything is pretty straightforward and easy.
- It is handy and it works well with various operating systems
- It is compatible with different shopping platforms and marketplaces
- It can print out different sizes and label types
- It helps you save up a lot of money for the operation, care, and maintenance
- Installation is made easy and simple
- Some users experience difficulty during the installation, but only a few of them
Don’t be fooled by the compact and slim design. The printer is powerful and tough enough, able to produce high-quality labels that will make it look professional.
9. Arkscan 2054A Label Printer
This shipping label printer runs with thermal technology. Not only it is sophisticated and advanced, but it is also easy to tweak, easy to operate, and easy to like! First of all, the printer comes equipped with free software which can be helpful to print warehouses or product labels. The software is completely functional with its own barcodes, texts, graphics, and more.
The printer can work well with various label types and also sizes. You won’t have to worry about making tweaks or changes – simply feed the label to the printer and let the device automatically work on its own. And the printing speed is pretty impressive. It is fast and yet you won’t have to worry about the printing quality at all.
The printer is considered a multifunctional device because it can be used to produce barcodes, products, or shipping labels. Feel free to make other types of labels too with it. Not to mention that the installation is easy, with flawless performance. The printer is also compatible with various operating systems.
- It works well with various devices and operating systems
- It comes with free software which is helpful for the operation
- It is compatible with different platforms, marketplaces, and also label sizes and types
- It is fast with impressive printing performance and outcome
- Lacks Mac software
Despite the downside, this printer has promising features and technologies. It can be a trusted and reliable companion that won’t disappoint you.
10. K Comer Commercial Label Printer
If you look at the compact shipping label printer, it has a modern and sleek style that helps you manage your professional e-commerce organizations, activities, and management. This is a device that offers high resolution as well as high-speed operation. Thanks to the thermal service, you save a lot of money on the toner and ink.
The printer has a compact and sleek design, but it is surprisingly tough, solid, and strong. In fact, you can use it for 12 hours non-stop and the printer won’t be damaged at all. The printer has versatile operations with different compatibility to operating systems, label sizes, and various types.
The printer has its own automatic label detection, so you won’t have to struggle a lot when you want to feed the label into the printer. The printer also has a smart Paper-Return function so the label won’t be stuck to the printer.
- Installation is easy and convenient
- The printing quality and outcome is breathtaking
- The printing speed is nice and accommodative
- The customer service is helpful, friendly, and supportive
- Print minimum of 0.75″ & maximum of 4.25″ in width
- The only downside is that the manufacturer doesn’t provide extra labels for testing. But that’s the only downside.
The printer delivers impressive performance and outcomes. The downside is very limited and minimal, so it is a worthy device that you can seriously consider about.
11. LabelRange 300DPI Thermal Label Printer
This is another thermal label printer that can deliver effective outputs without you having to spend a fortune. This is a printer that works well with Mac or Windows, but you can’t use an iPad or iPhone, or Chromebook. A regular OS will be just fine – and enough.
The printer can produce a label in 5 seconds, thanks to thermal technology. You won’t need to spend extra money (for toner or ink) and extra energy and time either. Starting out would be super easy – from the moment you turn the printer on to producing a label.
The printer can be used for different label variants, types, and sizes. You can use the default labels from Etsy, Shopify, PayPal, Amazon, and so much more. Simply tweak the setting (it doesn’t take a lot of effort or drama), and you can produce any label you want within minutes.
- It is great for printing small labels – even smaller ones – without compromising quality
- An ideal choice for home office and business organization
- The printing speed is nice
- Prints label up to 4.72” in width
- It is easy to operate
- The machine will start in a second – without any fuss or drama
- You will need a USB adapter
This is a handy printer that will be helpful for your professional e-commerce life. If you are okay with the slight downside and you focus on the strength only, then this printer would be a promising tool for you.
12. MFLABEL Commercial Thermal Printer
The printer offers versatile operation. Whereas other printers can only be operated with either fanfold or roll label, this tiny printer can be used by both. No need to worry about paper jams or stuck because you simply manage it, choose whatever label available, and get on with the printing activity.
The device can be used with various types of labels, including styles and sizes that will make your business look professional. Whether you want to make a warehouse label, supermarket receipt label, home office purchase, or such thing as alike, this printer would be your new best friend. You can even make labels for Stamps, PayPal, Etsy, eBay, and so much more.
Printing quality is also nice and impressive. It is able to generate printing results quite fast while delivering bright and crisp results at the same time. Just because it is able to print fast, it doesn’t mean that it would be lousy.
- Operation is super easy and straightforward
- Installation is a breeze and you should be able to manage it in minutes – not hours
- The possibility of paper stuck or jam would be low
- Printing quality is okay
- It can only be used with Windows, not Mac
- It can’t be used to print receipts. You can ONLY make labels with it
- It can only be used with PCs or laptops (or tablets), but not with phones
The printer may have several downsides, but let’s not forget that it also has several promising features. If you can see past the downsides, you will find the printer to be super helpful and satisfying.
13. Jiose Shipping Label Printer
If you are looking for a printer that is easily installed and operated within minutes, you are in luck! This shipping label printer is one of the best in terms of installation and use. There is no need to deal with the fussy installation. You should be able to run it within minutes in no time!
The printer is compatible with the general operating system like Mac and Windows, including XP to Windows 10. When compared to the regular inkjet printers, this one is more economical and ‘green’. The thermal energy is definitely helpful to deliver a perfect job without ink or toner.
The printer can be used with all kinds of labels, including the variants, the styles, and the sizes. You can print labels from PayPal, eBay, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, and others quite easily – and you don’t have to struggle during the tweak.
- Customer support is good and reliable
- Operation is super easy and straightforward
- Installation is also convenient, easy, and fast
- You should be able to operate it with any rolls, ticker labels, or fanfold labels without any complication
- It doesn’t work with tablets or phones, so iPhones, iPads, or ChromeOS won’t be able to use it
The printer is super beneficial and helpful in producing a professional-looking label. Sure, it has several downsides, but if you see the positive benefits, they are more perks to enjoy than the downsides.
14. MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer P941
Ever been a good ‘techie’ before? No need to worry. This label printer doesn’t only come with sophisticated and advanced technologies, but it has a convenient USB disk for simple, easy, and fast setup. Simply use it and your printer would be up and running in no time!
The printer is compatible with all kinds of selling, marketplace, and shipping platforms, such as FedEx, Shoppo, Endicia, Shopify, Poshmark, Etsy, Amazon, and so much more. You should have no issue making the labels right away – improving the professional appeal of your business!
The printing quality is just superb – it is crisp, clean, and bright. The printing speed is also nice too. And the automatic label identification technology makes operation super convenient and fast. No more struggling with the labels when you are about to input them!
- The printer is easy to use and navigate
- High-speed printing of up to 150mm/s
- The available technologies make operation easy and even fun
- The customer support is nice and handy
- Installation is easy – and everything can be managed on your own even though you don’t have any technical skills, background, or experience
- Some users have problems with the bulky cable which can get in the way
If you don’t mind the cable and you can see past it, you will find this device to be super helpful, super functional, and super fun to use!
15. Brother QL-800 Professional High-Speed Label Printer
Who doesn’t know Brother? With long years in the industry, the brand has been recognized as one of the most popular lines in the world. And they have a good reputation along the way. One of the greatest perks of using this printer is that you can print 2 colors at the same time for the label. Quite impressive, huh?
The printer has impressive printing speed – able to produce 93 labels within a minute. And no need to worry about color or quality either, because the result would be absolutely gorgeous and crisp. As if it weren’t enough, you should be able to create personalized or customized labels. There is free software to help you with it, so you are able to make use of it.
The thermal technology saves you money in the longer run. No need to buy ink or toner at all! It supports the green concept so you won’t fill up waste.
- Thermal technology is convenient – and the result is breathtaking.
- Operating one would be super easy
- The availability of free software to help you create custom label is nice
- You can print 2 colors together within a single label
- Some users have problems with Mac and also Windows, especially Windows 10
Brother has been known for its reputation in the printing industry. It is quite logical to expect quite a lot about their products of shipping label printer despite the minimal downsides.
16. NefLaca Thermal Shipping Label Printer
Don’t underestimate its performance. This printer may be small, but it has huge power and tons of helpful features. For a starter, it has a good combination of high resolution (for premium quality) and fast speeding ability. It also supports USB connectivity for easy use.
The printer comes with automatic label detection and it offers flexible operation for different kinds of sizes. You should be able to print whatever size of labels you want without any complication or fuss. Whether you want to make ID labels, barcodes, bulk mailing labels, warehouse labels, and more, you can do it all with such ease.
The printer uses thermal technology which is going to save you a lot of money. No need to use ink, toner, or cartridge. Make sure to have an efficient and economical operation in the long run. Installation is also simple and straightforward. No need to deal with a fussy setup to get the machine running.
- Not only the printer is compact and small, but it is also lightweight. It is easy to carry or move around
- The printing quality is superb – and the printing speed is also helpful with the overall operation
- Feeding the labels into the machine is nice, convenient, and easy. There is no fumble mechanism that requires you to ‘struggle’ with the feeding
- It is versatile. You can use any kind of label types, variants, styles, and even sizes, and you don’t need to deal with any hassle in the management
- Comes with a CD for driver installation
- Easy to load label rolls
- Very easy to set up and use
- Make sure to change the Grayscale to None first or you will end up with a fuzzy result
It is so easy to see why people love this compact printer so much. Yes, it may be small and compact, but there is a hidden power underneath the (seemingly) adorable size and design, so you shouldn’t underestimate it. It is a great tool that can increase your efficiency and productivity.
17. Brother QL-1110NWB Wide Format
This is a sophisticated shipping label printer that supports easy operation and use. For a starter, it offers wireless printing, removing the hassle of having to connect it to any device through cable or wire.
Thanks to the wireless operation, you should be able to enjoy a more streamlined operation and functions. The printer can also be used for wide format, up to 4 inches in width. Not only it is great for printing labels, but it is also great for printing postage labels, name badges, addresses, and mailing labels. The device also supports crop functionality, so you won’t have to waste paper for the barcode sheet.
The printer works well with different kinds of operating systems, including Mac OS X 10 and Windows (XP, 8, 10). And it is also easy to install and set up.
- It supports crop functionality
- Wireless connectivity
- It supports different connection options, including Bluetooth and other wireless options
- It is able to produce a professional-looking label that is great for your professional activities
- Installation would be made easy, straightforward, and fast
- The printing quality is superb, impressive, and professional
- The printer doesn’t work well for Mac. Users with Mac are the ones making the complaints
- It isn’t always compatible with all kinds of labels. Users say that it doesn’t produce FedEx, USPS, or UPS labels
This printer is definitely different from the others. It is somewhat more sophisticated, improving use and operation. If you don’t mind the downsides and you prefer focusing on the positive traits, this would be a great option for your productive work.
18. Alfuheim Thermal Shipping Label Printer 4×6
If you want a printer that can save you a lot of money for operational cost, this would be the perfect option. As it runs on thermal technology, you don’t depend on toner, cartridge, or ink – you don’t have to worry about running out of them in the longer run. It is also compatible with different label types, such as UPS, Amazon, and others.
This printer works well for different kinds of operating systems, including Mac and Windows. It also works well with Linux, but it doesn’t work well with Chromebook. The printing speed is convenient and the printing quality is quite promising. It is bright, detailed, and crisp.
Feel free to make any label size from various different platforms – whether it is from ShipStation, Ordoro, Etsy, Stamps.com, Amazon, eBay, and others. The auto label identification and feed are also good. It is helpful for easy feed into the printer.
- The installation is easy and fast
- The included technologies (auto label identification, fast printing process, etc) make it convenient for operation and use
- Printing speed is nice and handy
- Ideal for 4″ x 6″ shipping labels
- It isn’t a wireless printer
- Some users experience extra time (and tweaking efforts) when they want to manage the setting
If you are okay with the fact that it isn’t a wireless device, and you find all of the features to be handy and supportive, then this printer can be your new and productive support.
19. OFFNOVA Bluetooth Thermal Label Printer, 203 DPI
Unlike other printers that commonly don’t support wireless operation, this one does wireless connectivity. Whereas other printers can only work with PCs and laptops (not iPad, smartphone, or tablets), this one supports smartphones and iPad.
The printer has a good and balanced combination of impressive printing quality and fast printing speed. As a result, you should be able to produce labels in no time – looking detailed and sharp.
The thermal technology is definitely handy to help you save up money. You won’t need any ink, toner, or ribbon – and you won’t have to worry about running out of anything.
- The wireless connection makes everything easy, fast, and simple
- Using, operating, and navigating the printer is easy
- You can use tablets or smartphones for the printing
- It works well with various labels, no matter the marketplace or the shipping platforms
- The Bluetooth connection won’t be compatible with Mac OS
This is a powerful and handy shipping label printer despite some of the flaws. If you want to create professional labels, you should have no problem running this printer for your needs.
20. K Comer Upgraded Label Printer
This thermal printer will help you save a lot of money for the operation. Thanks to thermal technology, you won’t have to deal with ribbon, ink, toner, or cartridge. It is a green practice where you can also help the environment without wasting anything.
The printer has special technology – material that is resistant to high temperature – that can deliver a professional and satisfying result. It delivers stable performance. When combined with fast-speed technology and impressive printing quality, the printer is just perfect for professional needs.
It is compatible with various operating systems, including Mac and Windows. The auto-detection technology is also helpful to manage easy feed into the device without breaking a sweat.
- Installation is easy and fast
- Extra bonus label holder
- The printer can work well with different kinds of label types, sizes, and variants
- The technical support is professional, helpful, and friendly
- The printing quality is good and more than satisfying
- There is a different mechanism when you use Mac
If quality is your focus, then you will find out that this printer is truly a worthy investment.
Shipping Label Printer Buying Guide
When you want to buy a shipping label printer, there are several things to consider. As it was mentioned before, printing labels don’t actually require a special printer. Your regular printer should do it. However, it would be more convenient if you have a dedicated device on your own. If you have a business on the run, there won’t be a traffic jam because you are using the printer to print documents while another person has to wait for you to print the labels.
There are several considerations that you need to make before narrowing down your pick to a particular device or brand. There is going to be a long list of it, so be prepared!
Do you want an inkjet printer, a laser printer, or a thermal one? If you are going to print a lot of labels, this consideration is important because it is related to your operational cost. These days, most people prefer the thermal printer because of several reasons. First of all, you don’t need any ink, toner, or cartridge to print the labels. It is highly possible because the machine would use a heat transfer system to print. And because the surface of the label is small and limited, the thermal device would be a good option (printing documents with the thermal printer is also possible, but it is going to waste a lot of resin and wax, and also heat energy).
Second, a thermal shipping label printer saves you a lot of money. Considering that you may have an e-commerce business that requires you to print quite plenty of labels on a daily basis, then you want to invest your money in a thermal printer. Of course, the option is yours. Feel free to stick with your
already existing inkjet or laser printer, or such thing alike. But you need to give it a good thought before making a purchasing decision.
Colored or Black and White?
Do you want to produce only black and white labels or do you want to make color labels too? In most businesses, they only focus on printing mailing or shipping addresses, so they don’t need any colored option. However, some businesses use such a printer not only to print shipping labels but also other labels. You need to decide whether you are going to buy a printer that can only accommodate black and white or you do want to have one that can also produce colors too.
Cutters and Stocks
If you only need a printer to print shipping addresses, then it is likely you only deal with rolls or fanfold types. However, if you are going to use it to print barcode labels, warehouse labels, or such things like, you need to choose whether the printer can deal with diet-cut labels (which can peel off), continuous length rolls, or others. Many of the printers today not only support paper (label) types but also foil, plastic, or even fabric types.
Don’t forget that you also need to consider the size. If your business deals with different marketplaces or shipping platforms, big chances that you are going to print different styles of labels and within different sizes too. Make sure whether your printer of choice can accommodate it or not. You don’t want to be stuck with a device that can only accommodate one size of a label.
Do you often have to carry the printer everywhere? Do you want it to be wire-free? Do you want a mobile or a portable one? In most cases, the printers are stationary. They must be connected to a device (PC or laptop) to operate. However, some printers can run wirelessly. Some even have batteries in case you need to take them with you – making sure that you still have the power when using them.
How Is the Connection?
Most printers would have a cable that needs to be connected to the device to print. However, some printers can run wirelessly. Some support hybrid function – you can use a cable but you can also use it wirelessly. Naturally, the hybrid type would cost you more.
Don’t forget about the operating system and the compatible system either. Some printers can only work with Windows, while some can be used with Mac and Windows. Some can even be used with Linux, Mac, and Windows. In general, though, these printers can work well with laptops and PCs – NOT with tablets and smartphones. However, some of the high-end types can work super well with smartphones and tablets. Make sure you do your research properly before buying because the operating system and compatibility with the device is crucial.
What about Supply?
It would be useless to buy a cheap shipping label printer but you end up with costly label rolls. That’s just insane. You need to consider supplies too. Can the printer accommodate different types of labels, even from different brands? For instance, you have a Munbyn printer and your label supply (from Munbyn) runs out. Can you use a Brother label or other labels?
Some printers only work well with their own label products, while others may work just fine with different labels from different brands. Moreover, you should also consider the cost of the labels too. For instance, a diet-cut label with 3.5 x 1.5 inches costs between 2 and 4 cents. Do you need different kinds of labels?
(bigger or smaller)? Do you need a bulk of those 1.5 x 3.5 inches of labels? Do you also need to print fancier types of foil, fabric, or plastic? Is it easy to find (and buy) them?
Don’t forget that you want something that can last – for good, if possible. That’s why you want to choose a printer that is solid and tough. It can be adorable or cute but don’t abandon the fact that it should be sturdy and it should be able to deal with many tough works and heavy-duty activities.
Operation and Use
Is the shipping label printer easy to use? Can you use it without and with software? Can you easily connect it too much different software without any drama? Can you install or set it up in no time? There is no point in buying a fancy and costly printer only to be super confused about how to operate it properly. You want something that is easily managed or changed. You shouldn’t be a rocket scientist just to operate a printer, you know?
When you buy a printer, make sure that the manufacturer has good customer support. Whenever you encounter issues with the shipping label printer (it doesn’t work, it doesn’t install properly, it stops working out of a sudden, etc), you want to get answers and solutions. In some cases, buyers are able to return the items and get the working ones. Don’t underestimate good and supportive (and friendly) customer support.
In the end, you have the option to decide which one to choose. From these 20 different products, each of them has its own strength and downsides. You just have to narrow them down to a particular item that suits your needs. Which shipping label printer that you like the most, based on your requirements and personal preferences?