Printers are usually replaced more than once in comparison with any other office equipment.. why ?? because printers are considered to be a bit sensitive, especially if used the wrong way. However, we list below 7 easy tips that you can take advantage of to make sure that your home or office printer can lasts for a long time.
- One of the most important thing that most people overlook is the user manual guide that is usually set up by the manufacturer. Having and reading the manual guide is very useful so if you find there is an error message displayed on the printer, you will know the initial steps that must be taken . The manual will provide useful information on what you should do under different scenarios. If you have lost or misplaced your user manual, you can either download another one from manufacturer website or other reliable sources.
- Static electricity also can cause great damage to the printer device and you should make sure that cabling is properly and safely installed. Do not fan the printing paper because it can create static electricity which is exactly what you are trying to avoid.
- The printer may look solid and strong but you should always keep in mind that it is a fragile device. You should handle it with care because it is made up of bolts and nuts and screws and different parts that can be damaged if rattled. Most printers actually get broken or damaged when they are being moved from one location to another.
- You should use a lint free cloth to wipe the outside and inside of the printer every month. This will ensure that you have less paper jams incidences and you will always have pristine printouts.
- Always make sure that you use quality ink cartridges because inferior quality can damage your printer. It is important to look out for renowned cartridges that have made a name for themselves by the quality they provide like HP ink cartridges.
- Avoid overloading the paper tray and it is highly advisable to place less than half the amount of paper it can hold. When you overload the paper tray it will end up breaking or bending which means that the printing process will be disrupted.
- During those dry spells when you do not have items to print, you should test print weekly to keep your printer in top condition. Most people might view this as wastage of printer ink but it not only prevents the ink from drying but also keeps the internal parts in good condition.
That’s it.. I hope this short guide can be useful for you so that you can make your printer one of the best investments.