The decision to buy the right and the best home printer can be a headache, especially with the myriads of options out there. However, the decision to choose the right device depends on your personal needs and preference, really. If you need a sophisticated device with many advanced and high tech features, and you don’t mind spending extra, there are always devices that can match your needs. However, you can also find the simple and compact one – with only the needed specs and features that would be perfect for your needs. What are the options available for you out there?
Don’t rush things when you are about to buy the best home printer that is ideal for your needs. It may seem like a single device, but you’d be surprised to find out that there are many factoring elements to think about. The types of ink, for instance, will determine the quality of your operation. Whether you want a laser printer or an inkjet, it will determine your general operation. How do you use the device on a general basis? Do you deal with only black and white printing, or do you have to print out photos too? All of those things may not seem important but they do. Despite the many types of products out there, there are some products that really stand out among the others.
To make your decision easier we have come up with a list of some of the best-valued machines available at amazon below. Why not take your time to shop around and find the right one for you.
Our Quick Recommendations
Here’s a quick look at our TOP picks for the Best Home Printers on the market today or check out our full reviews below.
1. Canon Office and Business MX922
If you are looking for a printer device that has several functions and usages, this would be your best home printer that you can have. This is a printer that can also be used for making copies, scanning, and also sending out faxes. If you take a look at the device, you will see a machine with a compact dimension and yet an abundance of quality and ability.
There are some favorable features t that you will love from this printer:
- The paper tray is able to accommodate more than 150 papers per load, which means that you can have efficient loading without having to switch papers again and again
- The device can be set up with remote printing, thanks to its wireless features. No need to use any cable or connect it to any external cord when you want to have enjoyable and effective printing.
- The quality of printing itself is pretty nice. The speed is fast and the quality of the printing is good – whether you use black or white or you use the colored inks
- Remote printing is a charm. You only need to fix it and manage the setting, and you will be good to go
- The overall quality of the printer is just nice. The quality of construction is nice and simple. The features are handy. The quality of printing is just solid and reliable
- The control panel design is a bit confusing but after getting used to all its functions, everything will be easier.
- Not all users will have successful remote printing
2. Canon MX492
Not all printers are coming with the features that you want, but this device from Canon will make sure that you have a satisfying time when running the show. As a multifunction printer device that is designed for professional and also personal use, you will find this printer very accommodative and also very easy to operate.
Some of the key features are :
- This is a wireless printer which means that you don’t need to deal with any cable or cord. The absence of cord will make sure that you have effective placement and also handle in room layout
- You can easily connect this printer with any external devices that you want – smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc. Managing the setting is super easy – you only need to press several buttons and you are good to go
- This printer is compact and small. When compared to the previous design, it is somewhat 30% smaller and more compact.
- The printer can be used to make copies, scan, print, and also send out a fax. All of the buttons and control commands have been laid out and arranged just nicely
- The overall maintenance and caring cost for the device are pretty inexpensive. The cartridges, the printer, and the overall operational cost is pretty low
- The compact size and dimension are one of the winning qualities that will benefit you. You don’t need to prepare a lot of space or surface for the printer. Any nooks or the small area will do because it fits just nicely
- The quality of photo printing is surprisingly good. You probably think that you will deal with the lousy result but in reality, the outcome is just perfect
- No Duplex printing
- The device is pretty noisy. If you don’t mind the noise, that’s okay – but you will notice the difference with the sound all around
- There is a sense of cheap and flimsiness to the overall construction of the machine
- The software is pretty useless. It is not all handy and useful but rather lousy in the overall retrospect
3. HP Envy 4520
As one of the best printers ever designed and created for home use, you should expect a lot of good features and outcomes from this device. If you are looking for an inexpensive machine that can do it almost everything, then you will love this quality printing machine.
There are some winning elements that you will adore from this machine:
- The printing speed is just nice – it is able to deliver fast result without compromising quality
- The printing quality is nice. The black and white printing result is okay for any important and official documents. Colored printing is surprisingly good and quite reliable
- The overall setup will be super nice and easy. Even if this is your first time tweaking the set, you won’t face any problems at all
- The printer supports wireless operation, which means that you don’t need to deal with fussy cables or such thing alike.
- From the overall quality of construction, this printer is pretty nice. It feels solid and sturdy despite the compact design
- Setup is super easy and nice – you don’t need to have any technical skills or ablates to tweak the setting. User interface is super nice and accommodative
- The printing quality is nice – the outcome is fast and the black and white result is okay
- The price of printing and cartridges is quite expensive. In fact, when you compare the ink with other brands, you will see a significant gap between all of those inks
- Don’t expect a super perfect scanner. When you have to scan one or two documents, it is pretty okay but when you have to deal with loads of items, the quality starts shaken off and it won’t be as good as before
4. Canon MG7720
If you want an effective device that can be used to handle your operation, this device from Canon will be your best option. This device comes with all the handy features and abilities that will improve the quality of use. Not many printers are designed with all the handy functions and uses, but this one won’t disappoint you at all.
Some of the winning elements that will make you love this printer:
- The wireless printer is able to do all of the work just nicely and effectively. You don’t need to get tangled up with cables or cords
- Setting up the installation will be easy. The installation is easy and you don’t need to deal with fussy arrangement
- You can easily connect this printer to any external devices easily. Even if you don’t have any technical background or skills, setting up can run easily
- Cloud printing is possible – and even made easy. You only need to tweak the setting and you are good to go.
- The Ethernet connection is super handy and useful
- The wireless printing is super nice and handy, and you won’t deal with any fussy implementation or complicated use
- The interface system with its touchscreen feature is nice and helpful – in fact, it makes operation fast and also responsive
- It does not support fax feature and you also can’t print from USB
- Lacks an automatic document feeder.
- Although it supports wireless printing, you may have to download some of the apps first before you can use it – which is somewhat ineffective
5. Brother HL-L2340DW
As one of the best wireless printer designed for personal and also professional use, this printer has all of the positive elements and factors that will favor you. There are some winning features that you will love from this printer:
- The printing speed is quite nice – with 27 ppm, you will definitely love the solid quality
- The printing quality is okay – whether you use the monochrome or the colored inks, be sure that they will deliver just the nice use
- The design is solid with a compact dimension. You don’t have to worry about construction or structure
- Cloud printing is possible – even made easier
- The USB interface can be used to connect devices so you can always manage your print the way you like it
- This is a multifunctional device that can also be used for scanning, making copies, and printing. In fact, dealing with the overall operation will be just easy
- The printer is very easy and simple to tweak
- The printer comes with a duplex ability that can save up papers as well as saving up efforts for effective printing
- The paper tray is able to accommodate 250 papers so you can always print everything easily without continuously having to load the paper again and again
- The printer won’t print anything when it is running out of ink. When it detects that the cartridge is empty, it will stop printing altogether.
- The graphics quality and interface are not very good
- Paper handling option is not available
- Ethernet: No
6. Canon PIXMA MG3620
If you have started a business, you know that having a single device that can do various things and activities will help you save up money. This Canon printer isn’t only able to print papers but also scan documents or make copies. It is coming with all the right features that would make operation easier and also simpler. Don’t be too surprised if this machine is included within the best home printer list here because of the useful technologies.
Here are some of the favorable features you like about the machine:
- WiFi connection can be easily adjusted and tweaked. In fact, you only need to press some buttons and you are good to go
- The wireless feature is nice because you can connect it to any device you want and you can manage any printing work from any places – without having to connect the printer to any devices with cables
- Mobile installation and arrangement can be done easily and you don’t need to deal with any fussy work or implementation.
- The original ink will ensure high-quality printing outcome
- The quality of the construction is very nice and solid. A lot of users claim that the device feels somewhat expensive and buff despite the price
- All of the printing qualities are solid – the printing speed is nice with reliable quality. Whether you use the black and white ink, or you use the colored inks, you can be sure that the printing outcome will be just nice
- The instructions for the installation can be confusing, especially for those who aren’t familiar with the adjustments.
- Some of the features are way too complicated
- This printer is quite big, heavy, and a bit noisy when operating
7. Epson Expression Home XP-430
This home printer comes with a handy feature including the LCD display. As a multifunctional device that can be used to scan, make copies, and also print, this printer will be able to handle your operation easily. This is considered a wireless device for a reason, especially with the absence of cables or cords that can make everything fussy.
Here are some of the features that you will love about the device:
- The printing quality is quite good. It is enough to accommodate regular professional needs and standard documentation
- The cartridges are working individually – you only need to replace the one running out of ink, instead of replacing everything. This will help you save up money and have economical care and maintenance
- The paper tray is able to hold more than 100 papers, which means that you can save up energy and not constantly load the papers again and again
- The ink comes with efficient use and management. You won’t deal with the abundance of ink just to be able to create a high-quality outcome
- The ability to use the scanner and make copies is nice. You won’t have to spend a lot of money for a single device that can do several different tasks altogether
- You can use the printer with the standard USB cable
- The dimension is generous enough for busy printing and yet you won’t have to spend a fortune to have it running
- Photo printing is quite good and acceptable, although not amazing or super impressive
- It doesn’t accommodate duplex printing – which is a huge disappointment, considering that most printers today can accommodate duplex feature
- The printing ability is quite slow when compared to similar products within the same line
8. HP DeskJet 3755
If you are looking for a wireless device with effective management and simple arrangement, this HP device won’t disappoint you. Unlike other devices that may be coming with a black cover, this one is definitely looking different. With white cover, this printer looks pretty stylish and even fashionable. It is no wonder if it is included in our list.
There are some favorable features you will love about this device:
- You can manage a wireless operation without having to connect the printer to any device with any cable
- It comes with energy star qualification which means that you can save energy (including operational cost) without compromising the quality of the print
- This is a multifunctional device that can save you money for the purchase
- The individual and the separate cartridge will make sure that you have an economical operation. When a cartridge runs down, you only need to replace that specific cartridge without changing the others
- The quality of the printing is okay – not super perfect but it is okay
- The dimension and size are pretty compact. The printer is small and yet it won’t compromise the quality of the printing or scanning or making copies
- LCD display will make operation easy and even more efficient
- The printer somewhat feels flimsy and cheap
- The printing sped is quite low.
9. Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA
One thing to like about this printer device is a fast and efficient operation. You only need to integrate the printer to your smartphone and you will be good to go. Thanks to the NFC technology, you can manage everything easily without fuss. Mobile printing or cloud operation can be easily managed with this printer. Here are some of the basic features of this printer:
- The quality of the image and text is pretty nice – whether you make scans or prints or copies, you can enjoy the extraordinary result
- It is one printer with fast operation. If you tweak the setting, you can expect 21 pages within a minute – which is basically faster than the other competitor brands
- Cloud or remote printing is made easy and simple. You only need to press several buttons and you should be good to go
- The user interface is nice. Even with zero technical and mechanical knowledge and background, you should be able to operate the device any way you like it without fuss.
- The printing quality is okay – not amazing but it should be enough for regular working
- It doesn’t require any warming up period. You can immediately use it without delay
- Installation is fast and pretty effective – you don’t need to have any skill
- The compact dimension and size is super nice
- In some cases, you may experience printing streaks that will affect the outcome. Of course, you can always reprint it again, but you will be wasting ink and also paper
- No auto-duplexer
- No connector for ethernet
10. Epson Expression Home XP-330
This is another best printer for home use that comes with wireless technology and made for easy and simple operation. The LCD display screen will help with the overall operation and management. Here are some of the basic features you will love about the printer:
- The compact design is efficient because you don’t need to prepare extra space
- Ink cartridges can run individually – you only need to replace the one that runs out
- The paper tray is able to accommodate more than 150 papers
- All of the features are pretty handy and useful
- The quality of the construction is pretty buff and solid
- The scan feature is not too fast but reliable
- Operational costs are quite high
Those are your options – the candidates of the best home printers 2023 that can be used for professional and also personal work. By knowing your options of the best home printer that won’t hurt your wallet, you can enjoy the device without hassle.
Home Printer Buying Tips
Everybody needs a home printer especially if they are using it for home business or simply for the purpose of creating hard copies of precious documents such as tax invoices, purchased ebooks or even family photos. Finding the perfect one for your situation can be a difficult task especially with all the different types available such as a home network printer, laser printer and inkjet printer, office all in one or multifunction machines.
Before purchasing a printer machine to use in your home office we’re going to ask you these simple questions to help make a decision:
- Do you require a full-color printer or only black and white versions?
- What type of quality do you need for my documents? Extreme photo quality, laser-quality or simply readable?
- How important is the speed of printing and easy connectivity?
- How many documents would you expect to print daily?
- Do you require multi-features such as fax and scanner?
- What is your budget?
- Does your home printer need to be portable?
Many inexperienced buyers on a budget will simply purchase the cheapest inkjet printer they can find not realizing that paying for inkjet cartridges can be much more expensive than toners for home office laser printers in the long run.
If you print over 20 to 50 documents a day it is highly recommended to buy a laser version to help you save money. If you simply print a few documents every few weeks then perhaps getting a budget inkjet will suit your needs.
The other possibility is to consider how useful certain features may be to your needs. For example, a machine with a fax, scanner, and photocopier is perfect for those are required to send and receive multiple business invoices and documents. The best home printers are the ones that match your lifestyle and your business. You might choose a fancy wireless home printer, scanner printers or a PictBridge printer.