Buying a new printer can be an overwhelming task for some people for there are so many options to choose from with different specifications. Each printer has its merits and one obviously do not ever want to make the mistake of buying a printer which does not live up to their expectations and meet their needs.
Regardless of the fact that you are going to use the printer for school or work, you should get the best one that meet with your standards and still stays within your budget. Inkjet printers definitely should be on your wishlist for they produce great image prints, compact and are generally affordable than laser ones. Furthermore, inkjet printers are especially perfect for home business.
We have collected some of the top 10 best inkjet printers for you to consider along with their own unique features, pros and also cons.
Top 10 Best Inkjet Printers 2019
1. Epson Expression Home XP-330
Let’s start off with a product by one of the leading printer companies in the world that is Epson. One of the reasons Epson Expression Home XP-330 is even worth being mentioned in this hot top inkjet printers list is its compact and wireless all-in-one feature where you can print, scan, copy and photo in just one machine. The fact that you can print virtually from any device such as iPhone, iPad or Android smartphones with or even without a network makes it a really versatile device you ought to have at home or office. Here are some of the features that this inkjet printer has:
- This printer has a really slim and compact design with a 1.44 inch color LCD. This printer also requires a very simple and easy setup which allows you to use it almost immediately.
- Epson Expression Home XP-330 comes with 100-sheet paper capacity which allows you to reload paper less often
- This printer can print photos as well and for an all-in-one printer, Epson Expression Home XP-330 produces surprisingly vivid and touchable photos with high quality. The ink is instantly dry and the photos are smudge, water and fade resistant.
- Another reason to dub this printer as the epitome of printing versatility is that it has a built-in memory card slot. This means that you no longer have to depend on your computer to print photos. The 1.44 inch color LCD gives you the liberty to preview, edit and print photos without requiring a PC.
- The package includes one Epson Expression Home XP-330 printer, manual booklets, power cord, CD-ROM with drivers and four DURABrite Ultra Ink cartridges (yellow, cyan, magenta and black). The individual ink makes everything even simpler for you only have to replace only the cartridge that runs out of ink.
- One of the most important key features is its one–sided ISO print speeds of up to 9.0 ISO ppm (black) as well as 4.5 ISO ppm (color).
- Compatible with cardstock papers
- Compatible with 3rd party remanufactured ink cartridges
- Does not come with auto 2-sided feature
2. HP Envy 4520
The next printer on this top 10 list comes from HP. This printer is also low-cost printer that serves multi purposes. Furthermore, this printer relies on the latest ink delivery technology which can prolong cartridge life as well as save you from spending more money thanks to its Instant Ink Delivery Service. Like the previous printer, this one is also all-in-one printer that allows you to print, copy, photo and scan in just one machine.
- If you are one of those people who get annoyed at the unreasonable ink refill prices, then you are in luck because HP Envy 4520 features a two ink delivery.
- This printer offers a wireless service too which means you can print it from just about any device, from your tablets or your smartphones. The fact that you can easily set this up from your computer, phones or tablets allows you to immediately use it. You also have the freedom to either connect to a network or not when printing directly from your smartphones or tablets. You can benefit from the HP Smart app as well where you will be able to print while on the go.
- HP Envy 4520 offers a two-sided printing which allows you to save more time and the photo output results are
- The quiet mode features allows you to turn off noise during printing and avoid any disruption.
- Other additional features include scan to email, touchscreen, HP Instant Ink eligible as well as optional high-yield cartridges. It offers borderless photo printing with no trimming as well which makes it worth of its name a.k.a HP “Envy”. This printer can print 4 x 6 inch photos and 8.5 x 11 inch documents.
- The paper tray capacity is up to 100 sheets
- This printer is able to produce high quality output prints
- You will get a one year warranty and a 24/7 Web Support
- This printer is compatible with ink types-dye-based color as well as pigment-based (black)
- Does not have a memory card reader
3. Brother Printer MFCJ460DW
One of the great things about this particular inkjet printer is that it features Amazon Dash Replenishment. This means that the service will measure the ink level upon activation and automatically orders ink from Amazon when the ink is running low. This feature is really convenience for you will never have to worry of ever running out of ink again in the middle of printing! This all-in-one inkjet printer has a compact design with loads of connectivity option to choose from.
- The mobile device printing feature allows you to print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint and Scan as well as WiFi Direct. The wireless networking is pretty easy to set up too because you don’t need a USB cable and you don’t even need to know your wireless network password.
- We only recommend inkjet printer which have abundant of helpful features and this particular printer is no exception. Brother Printer MFCJ460DW comes with automatic duplex or two-sided printings. You sure will be able to use less paper. Plus, its 100-sheet capacity paper tray can hold up to legal sized paper. Furthermore, while waiting for scanning to be over can be a drag, you can thanks Brother printer for its up to 20 sheet automatic document feeder is really perfect for unattended scanning, faxing and copying. To top it off, this printer has the ability to print papers with print speeds of 12 ppm black and 6 ppm color which ultimately helps you to save time as well.
- It comes with 1.8 inch color touchscreen display and 4 cartridges in-box
- Not all printer products offer a one month warranty and even no warranty at all. This Brother product offers a one year warranty which makes it one of the best product worth mentioned.
- The space-saving and compact design allows you to save space in your valuable desk space.
- You have to have all colors available in order to be able to print even if you print in black
4. Canon PIXMA MG3620
It’s not fair to leave out Canon products when discussing printers simply because Canon has been enjoying its fame for being one of the most used and trusted printer company for a long time. Just like the previous versatile printers, this too offer printer, copy and scan ability in just one machine. Canon printers always scream convenience and simplicity and this one is no exception either. Simply look at the features below.
- This inkjet printer comes with wireless capability which allows for easy printing from just about anywhere in the house.
- Canon is known for its unique and helpful features. This Canon PIXMA comes with Auto duplex printing as well as mobile device printing. Those two features alone already save you a lot of time and money. The mobile device printing is especially convenience for busy people who do not always have the time to turn on their computer to print their documents. They can now rely on their smartphones and tablets to do just that. You can also benefit from the Canon Print app for easy printing.
- Some of the key features include its ability to print, scan and copy, Mobile Device printing option, 9.9 IPM black and 5.7 IPM color as well as Easy Photo Print+ and Creative Park Premium. This printer requires a really simple and easy Wi-Fi setup as well where you only need a few clicks before you it can be used.
- Canon has Genuine Canon Ink which provides you with crisp and smudge resistant professional quality prints. It features auto two sided print as well where you can easily print two documents at a time and ultimately saves paper usage up to 50%!
- The print speed is unquestionable for it can print documents as well as web pages with fast speeds of 9.9 images per minute for black and 5.7 images per minute for color.
- This printer can do borderless printing
- The package does not include ink
5. HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Another product offered by HP Company that is totally worth considering. This printer can deliver professional output results and the fact that it only costs half the price of laser printers might shock you. But yes that is true. This printer is specifically designed for business where it can produce high quality color quickly. This printer can handle more tasks as well without risking slowing down. Furthermore, like any other advanced and versatile printers, this one also offers convenience with its mobile printing options and mobile setup.
- Some of the notable specifications are its ability to fax, wireless connection, can print up to 18 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color. Furthermore, its up to 1200 dpi scan resolution feature is totally worth considering.
- This inkjet printer has scanning capability as well with auto document feeder
- This inkjet printer is a very versatile printer for it has Ethernet feature which allows for printer connection to PCs with a built-in Ethernet ports. Its mobile printing ability also allows you to print easily from your smartphone. You will obviously benefit from Wi-Fi Direct where you can send print jobs quickly with or without a network. Furthermore, it comes with many mobile capabilities such as print-on-the-go feature that gives you a way to print via AirPrint from your iPad, iPod or iPhone. To top it off, it has the ability to scan to email. A streamline workflow is definitely ahead of you.
- The paper tray capacity is not playing with you! It has 225 sheet paper tray where you will obviously be able to save time and use less paper for it will load less often.
- Like many other high quality photo printer, this too offers borderless printing where it can deliver 4 x 6 inch photos with no trimming! The documents it produces are up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Its automatic 2 sided printing makes you save time and paper usage.
- For touchscreen enthusiasts, this one is definitely for you because its color touchscreen allows you to effortlessly tap and swipe the intuitive touchscreen to scan, access and print easily.
- This printer comes with ENERGY STAR features which allows you to save energy as well if you are environmentally aware.
- You can still print in black and white even when one ink cartridge runs out of color
- It does not have a photo tray
6. Canon Office and Business MX922
Another product by Canon worth mentioning is this Canon Office and Business MX922 All-in-One printer. The fact that Canon has always centered its focus to bring professional quality really makes it deserved to be on this top 10 list. For starter, just like other Canon products, this one offers many wireless capabilities. This inkjet printer comes with built-in Wi-Fi which allows for easy printing anywhere in the house or your office. The versatile features go on.
- For AirPrint users, you are now able to print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone and iPod devices.
- This printer really is the epitome of multitask printer for it has an integrated 35-sheet duplex auto document feeder as well as dual function panel. Not all people have all the time in the world to stand and just wait for the printing to do its task and you can definitely rely on Canon Office and Business MX922 to focus on your tasks without having to worry it will run out of paper thanks to its new high capacity 250 sheet plain paper cassette.
- It has built-in Ethernet too which allows you to connect to a home and office network. Furthermore, its high-speed business fax standard for color and pc facsimiles on plain paper guarantees you to meet the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials as well as 250 incoming pages! That is insane!
- This doesn’t have three but five individual ink system. It consists of a pigment-based black ink and four other dye-based ink.
- You can turn off the noise it produces when printing and turn on the quiet mode.
- It offers many ways to print effortlessly such as Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device. Moreover, you should definitely benefit from Google Cloud Print for you will be able to print form wherever you are any day.
- You will have to replace the empty cartridge before you can resume printing.
- Slow printing
7. Brother WorkSMart MFC-J880DW
Another product offered by Brother Company that is totally should be on your wishlist. This compact inkjet printer is easy to install and offers wireless networking with a handful of connectivity options such as Apple, Android, Windows, Kindle Fire and Blackberry. One of the outstanding points by Brother Printer is that it won’t require you to use a USB cable to set it up and you don’t even need to know the password for the wireless network.
- This printer has Near Field Communication or NFC capability which allows for a direct connection between your NFC enabled devices and this printer. This means that you will be able to print and scan without needing a network connection and any of that kind of login credentials. To top it off, this inkjet printer fully supports wireless printing via AirPrint, Mopria, Google Cloud Print and Brother iPrint and Scan. Of course, this printer also has Wi-Fi direct features.
- This printer has a 2.7 inch touchscreen display so you can easily navigate through menu on screen. Moreover, you can access your desired web services from the touchscreen as well as long as it is connected to the internet.
- Brother Printer wins at paper handling because it has a really flexible paper handling feature with a versatile bypass tray. This printer can print card stock, photo paper, labels, envelopes and many other specialty media with its single-sheet bypass tray.
- Of course, like many other versatile printer, this too features a duplex printing option that allows you to save paper. It also has up to 100-sheet capacity paper tray and the document feeder can hold up to 20 sheets. That is really ideal for unattended scanning, faxing and copying. The printing time is impressive where you can print up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color. This definitely allows you to spend less time.
- While most printer companies offer one year warranty, this one offers a two year warranty!
- Even though you can connect it to a single computer with a USB cable but the USB is not included in the package.
8. Epson XP-830 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Epson XP-830 comes with wireless option and ability to print, scan, fax, copy and photo. If you are looking for something that has value, versatility and ease all packed into one then this inkjet printer from Epson should be your choice! This printer is especially ideal for creative projects.
- This printer comes with 30-page auto document feeder as well as two-sided printing. Your copying, scanning and faxing tasks definitely will spend less time. To top it off, it also comes with auto-extend or retract output tray which just adds more to its already mind-blowing convenience.
- Even though this is an all-in-one printer but Epson XP-830 can print professional and vivid borderless photos with no trimming! You can print photos on 8 x 10 inch paper or any specialty paper and DVDs. You can get a 4 x 6 photos in just under 12 seconds! Furthermore you can print photos from Facebook, coloring books and many more with Epson Creative Print app.
- Epson allows you to print with or without a network connection from your smartphones and tablets
- The package includes one printer, five Claria Premium ink cartridges (black, yellow, photo black, cyan and magenta), power cord, CD-ROM with software and drivers for Windows and Mac and setup manuals.
- The photos produced are not bad for an all-in-one printer for it can deliver superior-quality photos that are scratch, smudge, water and fade resistant.
- Faxing is really easy and it also lets you know when the fax is sent.
- Might require a USB when you want to scan over a network
9. HP Envy 7640
HP Envy printers really stand out with all of their amazing features and that is why we deem one more HP Envy model deserves recognition in these printers list. All HP printer products scream advanced features that provide convenience for home photo as well as mobile printing. Just like other multipurpose printers, this too offers ability to scan, copy, print, fax and photo. This inkjet printer offers a really easy setup too which you can do directly from your smartphones and tablets.
- Its borderless photo features can deliver professional photos in crisp quality with no trimming. You can easily print on its separate photo tray.
- The notable features include auto document feeder, touchscreen, scan to email, Ethernet networking, HP instant Ink eligible, optional high yield cartridges and NFC touch-to-print. HP doesn’t play with its convenience capability for it allows you to print via USB drive.
- Like most high quality printers, HP Envy 7640 comes with two sided printing and wireless networking option. The paper tray capacity can hold up to 100 sheets and 25 for scan.
- You will absolutely benefit from its HP Instant Ink replacement service where you will save up to 50% on ink.
- Unlike other printers, this printer includes ADF feature which in fact does two-sided scanning
- The package only includes one cartridge (black)
10. Canon PIXMA Pro-10 Color Professional
The last product on our list of the best inkjet printers comes from Canon. This particular printer really has the ability to deliver a high and crisp photo quality. The output results really do look like just how you snapped them on your camera.
- This product from Canon features a new 10 color LUCIA pigment ink system that also features three black inks. This ensures you to get spectacular monochrome prints. Furthermore its Chroma Optimizer will make sure the ink will always lay smooth on the paper which reduces metamerism and bronzing. It is also really fortunate that the inks are pigment based for the prints will always have great longevity as well as remarkable photo vividness.
- This photo printer utilizes the optimum Image Generating System that makes sure you really do get what you envision. This because the OIG system analyzes every single area of the print and picks the best ink mixture.
- It features a new Print Studio Pro plug-in software and a handful of connectivity options such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi and USB
- The package comes with ink cartridges and it is also really easy to refill from compliant inks from the refill markets and thus will save you money.
- The ink is waterproof. You can definitely rely on this printer to get super high quality color as well as black and white photos.
- This printer is only photo printer
Those are all the top 10 best inkjet printers that we recommend! These printers have a lot of reviews from customers and most of them are very satisfied with the quality of these devices.
All of these printers have their merits. Make sure you choose one that really fits your daily needs and standards and don’t forget to check reviews and full features of each device.
Why Inkjet Printers?
For those who don’t know, inkjet printers are the kind of printer that use liquid ink that is sprayed through microscopic nozzles onto the papers. Some of you who have zero knowledge about printers might be wondering why inkjet printers and not the other kinds. That’s fair enough.
Compared to most printers, inkjet printers have loads of benefits to offer starting from their surprisingly affordable price, quiet noise during printing, great quality images and photos to their compact and space saving design. Generally speaking, inkjet printer consist of ink cartridges, a print head, belt and stabilizer bar as well as paper feed assembly.
Furthermore, inkjet printers are compatible with most kinds of papers. That is why, with all of these abundant features and more that haven’t been mentioned yet, we deem worthy to be recommended. These top rated inkjet printers should make your experience of buying a printer less overwhelming and completely stress-free.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inkjet Printers
Every product has a good side and a bad side, but when you’re going to purchase a printer, a closer look at these sides should be closely observed. Inkjet printers, for instance, are very popular and they come in all shapes, sizes, types, and brands. But what are their pros and cons? What can they offer to consumers? If you’re going to buy an inkjet printer, first make sure you understand their advantages and disadvantages. This article outlines them below in order to help you make a more educated, informed decision.
Price. The main competitors of inkjet printers are lasers, and the major advantage of inkjets over laser printers is the price. Regardless of what brand, size, function, technology, or software a laser printer has, there will always be an inkjet printer that can match and even exceed those qualifications but have a lower price. There are even inkjets for as low as $50, while laser printers are never less than $100.
Footprint. Another obvious advantage of inkjets is the space consumption and footprint. Most lasers are very large, heavy, and bulky, and they eat up a lot of space. But with inkjets, you only have to allot a space on the computer table printer area, on a nearby shelf, on top of your desk, or anywhere you find comfortable to place a printer. Most inkjets are rectangular in shape with the width as the longest dimension, so you only have to find horizontal space in which to keep the printer.
Versatility. Most inkjets are capable of printing in full color, and even the cheapest inkjet can print in color. But laser devices are mostly monochrome and you can’t find a color laser printer for less than $150. You can print all colored images and illustrations that you need without problems because inkjets are readily accessible for printing all kinds of colored images.
Quality. Unlike laser printers, inkjets have lower printing quality. Lasers make use of a complex technology in printing, whereas inkjets use simple ink nozzles in printing images and text. There are many high-quality and professional-grade inkjet printers, but many of them are expensive, so it’s better to just buy a laser printer because it will still have a higher quality printout than an expensive inkjet.
Price of Ink. Every page of an inkjet printer is much more expensive than that of a laser printer. Inkjet printers are high ink consumers and they can empty a cartridge in a few weeks’ time if the device has been used constantly. This means you need to invest in the ink and not in the device itself.
Speed. Printing in color is usually slower through an inkjet printer. Even if the colored printout quality of an inkjet is extremely impressive, it may take up to several minutes before you get that first full page of illustrations done.
The advantages and disadvantages of inkjet printers are all very well-known in the industry, but this printer type is still highly recognized and widely used all over the world. Most agree that its benefits outweigh its drawbacks, but it all depends on your individual needs.