Laser printers are stealing the heart of everyone right now because they offer fast printing which is sometimes the situation that a lot of people find themselves in. If you are thinking of getting a new printer for your own convenience at for home or office use then laser printers definitely should be on your wishlist products.
Remember that you will not find a one-size-fits-all model when shopping for this thing. There are two main things you should consider: what you will use the printer for and where you will use it. We recommend you buying a laser printer instead of the other types because laser printers generally are able to churn out documents much faster, have high duty cycles and their text-printing ability is unquestionable.
Below are some of the best laser printers we recommend along with their own unique features, cons, and pros.
Top 10 Best Laser Printers 2021
1. Brother Compact Monochrome HLL2350DW
Let’s start off with one of the printer products that Amazon has labeled as “best seller”. HL-L2350DW Compact Black and White Laser Printer is the perfect solution if you have a small office. The fact that it can deliver class-leading print speeds up to 32ppm (1) along with wireless networking easily makes it one of the best laser printers worth having. This printer comes with flexible paper handling choices which include an up to 250 sheet capacity paper tray as well as manual feed slot.
- Comes with built-in wifi printing from compatible mobile devices such as smartphones, laptop, tablets or iPads which provides you more convenience
- Comes with flexible printing options that can accommodate a varying number of paper types as well as sizes
- This printer has been dubbed as the fastest in-class print that speeds up to 32ppm and its Paper tray maximum capacity is up to 250 sheets
- Able to connect locally to a single computer via its own USB interface and features various mobile device compatibility such as AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint and Scan, Wi-Fi Direct which make this product the epitome of the versatile printer along with its built-in WiFi printing option
- It comes with automatic two-sided printing which allows you to save more papers. Moreover, it features Toner Save Mode which allows you to save on toner cost
- Comes with 2 line LCD display
- Amazon dash replenishment enabled which means that Amazon dash replenishment will measure the toner level upon activation as well as order from the Amazon when it’s low
- You will have one year warranty
- Rated as one of the best in reliability as well as satisfaction by PCMag
- Offers free support for the life of the printer which you can do it online, via live chat or call service
- Fast boot-up and Easy setup that can be done within minutes so you can get your documents ready in no time when you are in a rush
- It prints in black and greyscale only
This particular laser print is optimized for efficiency purposes for it allows you to print 32 pages per minute.
2. Brother HL-L230DW Compact Laser Printer
Another product offered by Brother Company that is totally worth considering. This compact laser printer is easy to install and offers wireless networking, automatic duplex printing which provides you with a low cost and fast printing. Just like the previous product offered by Brother Company, this one is also perfect for your small home office. This Brother HL-L2340DW is designed squarely with the Small Office and Home Office user in mind. It comes in desk-friendly design. Below are some features that will explain why this one is just as good as the aforementioned Brother laser printer product.
- Just like any other high-end printer, this one features automatic duplex printing
- This laser printer is very handy for it comes with 802.11 b/g/n connection for easy HL-L2340DW sharing and can connect to a single computer with a USB cable via Hi-Speed USB port
- Full menu choices to connect to Windows Phone, Kindle Fire, Android, Blackberry or Apple devices through AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint and Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct
- Energy Star qualified and features Tone Save Mode
- N-in-1 printing can reduce toner and paper usage by combining various pages onto a single sheet of paper
- Adjustable paper tray for flexible paper handling
- Holds up to 250 sheets
- A manual feed slot with a straight-through paper path which will make sure that jobs printed on envelopes and letterhead always look amazing
- Prints professional and sharp black and white pages up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- Ideal laser printer for printing multi-page reports, invoices, spreadsheets and more
- No need for a router to print wirelessly from a mobile device or computer
- Might not be compatible for a Macbook
You might like to know that this model is actually an improvement of the previous SOHO monochrome laser printer models. This new improved model now comes with a one-line LCD display that allows you to easily navigate and select menu. Moreover, you will find it easier to do a wireless setup.
3. Canon ImageCLASS LBP6230dw
Another one of the best printer with laser technology that is really convenient for a small home office environment. This product by Canon comes with a space-saving design and offers a professional quality output in one small footprint. Canon is known to offer uncompromising dedication to product reliability, support, and service. The paper handling itself is already covered with the 250-sheet cassette along with a one-sheet multipurpose tray. To top it off, this Canon laser printer can support up to 8.000 pages monthly.
- Exceptional output at speeds up to 26 pages per minute and it comes with the duplexing feature right out of the box so you can save more paper and cost. You will be able to enhance your performance as well as productivity with this two-sided printing
- Wireless connection option allows you to print everywhere in the house or office as well as an on-the-go print option by using compatible mobile devices
- Offers paper handling up to 250 sheets in a standard cassette plus one sheet in the multipurpose tray
- If you are an environmentalist then you will be glad to hear that Canon pays extra attention to its energy-saving mode feature which only uses less than 2 watts
- Comes with user software CD-room
- Warranty card
- Starter cartridge 126 (starter yield: 900 sheets ISO/IEC standard) comes in the package
- Is not compatible with Apple AirPrint feature
The print-on-the-go feature allows you to print a various number of file types, web pages, as well as images while you are on the go by using your compatible mobile device.
4. HP Laser Jet Pro M277dw
Now let’s talk about the laser printer that is able to print in color. As always, this one is also perfect for small business or home office purposes. This particular laser printer from HP is specifically designed for work teams with 1 to 5 users. You will be surprised by how high and much performance this small printer can do. Moreover, it comes with original HP toner cartridges along with JetIntelligence that gives you just the right tools that you need to get the job done. No matter how small your workspace is, this design is now 40% than the previous model from this company which will guarantee to fit tighter workspaces.
- We make sure that all the products that made the list are worth having and worth every penny. This one is not a different case and you will be surprised at the handful of features this one offers starting from 19 ppm black and color pages, built-in wireless connection, fax ability to its 3” color touchscreen
- Print and scan resolution is up to 600 dpi/1200 dpi and it comes with NFC touch-to-print that allows immediate printing with only a touch of your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet so time will no longer be a problem here
- High MFP and data security
- Compatible with mobile devices like iOS, Android and Windows 8 OS
- This is a very versatile printer for it has an Ethernet feature that allows for printer connection to PCs with a built-in Ethernet port. Its mobile printing ability also allows you to print easily from your smartphone
- Two-sided printing
- Scan-to-email and Scan-to-cloud option
- Auto on and off technology which turns the printer on and off when it’s needed and not needed and thus will allow you to save energy
- Best-in-class first page out as well as 40% smaller with better performance
- 28% more prints with Original HP toner cartridges with JetIntelligence
- Full capacity black toner cartridge included and starter ink included that can print up to 1500 pages
- One year exchange warranty
- In order to connect it with Windows 10, you might need a printer driver
This printer can speed through tasks with a huge range of productivity and workflow features. To top it off, it offers a wide range of mobile printing options for added convenience because now you can work securely from practically everywhere. It can print as fast as 11.5 seconds so you will not waste a second with this laser printer first page out.
5. Dell E525W Wireless Color Printer
If you are looking for something that has value, versatility and eases all packed into one then this laser printer from Dell should be your choice! It will totally give you brilliant and time-saving performance every day. No longer complicated printing and imaging tasks now that you have this compact, 4-in-1 color multifunction laser printer. It comes with a bunch of great essential features to increase your productivity as well.
- This is a multi-functional printer with fax, copy and scan option so you can do different tasks in just one machine. This is easy to maintain too thanks to its Dell printer Hub 2
- The wireless print option allows you to print without a network
- Automatic document feeder or ADF enables for faxing and unattended copying for multi-page documents. The Document Feeder capacity is up to 15 sheets
- PC connection includes USB 2.0, LAN, Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 host
- Comes with starter toner pack with 700-page yield
- Supports AirPrint without any additional app as long as the printer and Apple device are connected on the same Wi-Fi network
- Easy setup thanks to Dell printer easy Installer
- Able to print on card stock
- Excellent output quality
- Doesn’t feature a duplex printing
6. Brother MFCL2700DW All-In-One Laser Printer
This is another product by the Brother Company that you should add into consideration. This printer provides you with a low cost and fast output for your small office. This Brother MFC-L2700DW is a fast and reliable monochrome laser all-in-one that is squarely designed with the Small Office and Home Office or SOHO user in mind. This design is compact and totally desk-friendly in size. Just like other Brother products, it is able to print out sharp and professional black and white pages at up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution. It comes with more added benefits that will be good for your convenience too.
- This particular Brother printer is able to print fast and multiple documents up to 27 ppm so if you are looking for a reliable laser printer this one should be thrown in your wishlist
- It comes with required printer features such as automatic duplex printing and it is able to scan and fax from automatic document feeder or scan glass. It’s dubbed as a versatile printing as well for it allows for multiple connectivity options
- The two-line LCD display makes it super easy to navigate menus and change settings
- Built-in document glass which offers high quality faxing, color scanning and copying to an email, file, image, OCR or Microsoft SharePoint
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Kindle Fire, and Blackberry mobile devices which can connect to AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Cortado, Brother iPrint, and Google Cloud Print
- Tone Save Mode option really helps to save you from using unnecessary toner and is ENERGY STAR qualified. The N-in-1 printing allows for using less paper and toner by combining multiple pages onto one sheet of paper.
- Adjustable 250 sheet capacity paper tray and manual feed slot with a straight-through paper path
- You no longer need a USB cable or know wireless network password to connect to a wireless network
- Comes with 35 sheets automatic document feeder which allows for unattended copying, faxing and scanning
- Budget-friendly for a pretty comprehensive all-in-one printer
- While it is not a color printer but it does scan in color and it can scan to PDF
- Replacement toner cartridges (TN-660) is sold separately
This is the ideal laser printer for home or small office that happens to need to share, duplicate or digitize documents. No more trouble when printing multi-page reports, invoices or spreadsheets thanks to its fast print speed feature. To top it off, you will be able to experience a reduced cost per page as well as lower total cost of ownership by using high yield 2.600-page replacement toner cartridges.
7. Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer
While the aforementioned Brother product is only for black and white printing, this one enables you to print in color. What makes Brother laser printer one of the best products and mentioned a lot in this article is that all of their models are designed to fit small and home offices. Small businesses looking for a reliable and fast digital color printer should totally consider this product. Even though it is small in design but it is packed with big business features. For such a high-end printer, this one is totally affordable both for individuals pursuing small businesses or college students
- Brother HL-3170CDW includes some of the most needed features in a printer such as duplex printing option, wireless network printing ability that allows you to wireless print from mobile devices such as Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Brother iPrint and Scan, Cortado and Wi-Fi Direct
- Prints high impact color and crisp black documents at up to 23ppm. Plus it comes with an adjustable 250 sheet capacity paper tray and a single-sheet manual feed slot that is great for printing envelopes and thicker papers. Print color at up to 600 x 2400 dpi as well.
- Secure Function Lock means now you can limit access to selected functionality on a per-user basis so you won’t experience unnecessary use, toner, and paper consumption.
- This printer totally saves energy thanks to its Deep Sleep Mode that saves energy by using less than one watt when not in use and Auto-Off Mode which turns off the machine when not needed
- It also features Amazon Dash Replenishment service that will measure toner level upon activation
- You can save up to 60% when printing using High Capacity Replacement Toner Cartridges
- You will be able to reduce clutter and cables in your small office thanks to its convenient wireless 802.1 1b/g/n connection feature
- Toner comes in with the package
- Toner life is solely based on the number of papers printed and it doesn’t feature scan or fax function
This printer is the ideal laser printer for a business that mainly produces black business documents while at the same time printing professional-quality color documents in-house is an occasional need.
8. HP Laserjet Pro M252dw
HP always makes sure that they include everything that people will ever possibly need in a printer. This particular laser printer is no exception. This HP Color Laserjet Pro M252dw is compact and really efficient for it comes with Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence. We can guarantee that this laser printer can meet your needs of a growing business.
- You might like to know that this model is an improvement of the previous one. This is their best-in-class first page out and 28% smaller
- You will be able to manage devices easily with safeguard data for it comes with a suite of essential security as well as top management features such as Windows 10 compatibility, color touchscreen, NFC touch-to-print, Ethernet and wireless direct printing. The built-in wireless gives you the liberty to share and print with other PCs and netbooks.
- You will be able to speed through tasks now that it can color prints at up to 19 ppm with full capacity black cartridge with black page yield up to 1.500
- Business apps allow you to browse through latest business news, tips and many more with free apps delivered on your schedule
- Auto on and off technology for energy saving
- Just like any other high-end laser printers, this one also features automatic two-sided printing so you can save more paper and time
- Streamline workflow with mobile printing features for more convenience. You will be able to easily print from your iOS, Android or Windows devices
- The Original HP toner cartridges with JetIntelligence allows for 28% more prints. Moreover, you will still be able to print (in black only) once the color cartridge runs out
- Print easily from other devices without requiring additional apps or setup
- One year warranty
- You might need a printer driver update in order for the printer to be compatible with Windows 10
This printer allows you to speed through tasks thanks to its features you will now be able to get the job done with a wide range of productivity. Doesn’t matter if you put it on sleep mode because once you turn it on again it can do its job quickly.
9. Canon ImageCLASS MF244dw Wireless
Another product from Canon that we recommend is the Canon ImageCLASS MF244dw laser printer. This product offers you high-quality output and comes with the various capabilities and reliability features for your convenience. This printer is also perfect for your small or home office. This laser printer comes with the printer, copy and scan capability which makes you hard to say no.
- This multi-functional printer offers print, scan, and copy resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi so you will get a really high-quality output
- User-friendly 5 line, tiltable, black/white LCD panel is easy to use because it is tiltable and provides easy navigation through the menu. To top it off, the screen is also customizable.
- It can print at speeds up to 28 black and white pages per minute and all of the documents are in professional-quality. Moreover, this also features eco-conscious duplexing right out of the box which allows you to save more money and papers.
- It comes with many mobile capabilities such as a print-on-the-go feature that gives you a way to print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print or Mopria Print Service
- 250 sheet paper capacity in the standard cassette and 1 sheet in the multipurpose tray
- Features wireless connectivity and built-in Wi-Fi direct capability allows for easy mobile device connection without requiring a router
- ID card copy option allows you to copy your ID card and any other small documents on a single page. Moreover, you scan hardcopy originals by using its Canon PRINT Business app feature. This printer is the epitome of printing versatility
- Energy friendly with only using less than 2 watts with Energy Saver Mode
- Your paper handling needs are covered with 250 sheet cassette and 35 sheet simplex automatic document feeder
- There is a warranty card comes in the package
- While the aforementioned features make this laser printer seem to be a high-end product but it doesn’t duplex copy or scan
10. Dell E310DWMonochrome Printer
The last best laser printer on the list comes from Dell. What makes Dell great is that it comes with Dell installer which allows for easy setup. After a thorough digging, we found out that this model comes with a single fuser unit which is specifically designed to last the life of the printer. This Dell laser printer is the ideal printer for college students.
- For a basic printer, this Dell laser printer can produce up to 27 pages per minute which are average and it comes with automatic two-sided printing feature so you will be able to save time and cost
- There is an optional high yield toner cartridge feature that prints up to 2.600 pages
- Features Dell printer hub that connects printer essentials to cloud for easier document management and control
- The package includes Ink cartridge as well as a USB cord
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Chromebook. Moreover, for an average and budget-friendly printer, you will still be able to print directly from your phone
- While this particular product doesn’t stand out in terms of print speed but it really does offer excellent mobile printing abilities. Plus, you can get extended life toner so that’s kind of a sweet deal
- Print in crisp and clean copies
- Not only does this product come in a compact size but it is also budget-friendly so we can guarantee you that this Dell laser printer will fit both your office and your budget
- This is not a multi-functional printer and it doesn’t feature scan or copy ability
All of these products listed on this list are totally worth every penny. However, you should take more time to think to buy one that really meets your needs. This article is intended to give you an insight and enlighten you on the best and trusted laser printers on the market right now. Moreover, if you are an individual who pays attention to their budget then this article should really help because inkjet printers will cost you more money than laser printer ones.
Which Laser Printer Is Right For You?
When looking over a laser printer, you will need to understand laser printers as a whole and how you can pick out the best one for your needs.
Laser printers are usually made for a certain type of setting and print function.
In this article, we will go over what a laser printer is, why you should choose a laser printer, and what qualities a good laser printer should have.
After reading this, you will be able to look over printer with laser technology with ease, knowing exactly what you are reading and what kind of features and functions you want to see in your ideal laser printer.
So, we should start by defining laser printers and what they do. This way you will know what all these laser printers are all about.
What is a Laser Printer?
A laser printer is a printer that uses a laser beam to produce an image on a drum. The light of the laser will alter the electrical charge on the drum when it hits it. The drum is them rolled through toner that is picked up by the charged portions of the drum.
Then the toner is transferred to the paper in a combination of heat and pressure. That is pretty complicated, but a laser printer works like a copy machine works except instead of an original paper copy of what you are printing, there is an original copy on your computer.
There are color laser printers that use four toners to print the color. Laser printers can produce very high-quality print and can print in an unlimited variety of fonts. It is possible to print graphics, but your printer will need to have a lot of memory to print high-resolution graphics. We will not go into detail about all of this, but now you will know the basics of how they work.
Why Should I Get a Laser Printer?
As with any product that you may buy, there are advantages and disadvantages. You will need to know what these are in order to make an informed buying decision on whether you should buy a laser printer. This guide will be very helpful in finding a good laser printer.
Here is a list of all the advantages of a laser printer :
• Easy to Use – They can do most printing tasks without you needing to stand over them.
• Print fast – They can print one page at a time instead of just one line at a time. Many people will talk about the number of pages the printer can print in a minute, but most laser printers can print up to two thousand pages in a week.
• Quiet – Laser printers are very quiet compared to other printers. Laser printers only emit sound on rare occasions. They are less annoying than older printers.
• Maintenance costs – Even though laser printers are more expensive when you buy them, over time they are as much as seven times cheaper than other printers in the long run. This is because laser printers use toner instead of ink. Toner lasts longer and prints out many more pages than ink cartridges. You can print thousands of pages on just one toner cartridge. It is a well-known fact that inkjet printer vendors sell them at a low price because they know they will make more money selling the ink. We will not tell you how much the toner cartridges costs, but you can find it out through research on the internet.
• Print Quality – Laser printer has a better print quality than most printers. Laser printers produce excellent quality images and documents in a quick amount of time. The technology used for laser printers allows the prints to be the best quality. Laser printers are best for long wear as well as the top-notch work needs.
• Toner – Toner offers a waterproof print. Without ink, the print doesn’t smear. The toner, which is plastic and iron, is melted to the paper. It doesn’t dry up either. If you leave a laser printer alone for a long period of time, the toner doesn’t dry up while you’re gone.
• Reliability – Laser printers are legendary for their service life. They last longer than most printers. If something does happen to the laser printer, then most repairs that are just a matter of changing and replacing parts, all in all, a laser printer is amazing in reliability.
• Compatibility – Most laser printers are able to configure themselves with any PC. They are plug and use devices that only need to be plugged into work. These printers can also be combined with most smartphones or tablet PCs.
What Should I Look for in a Laser Printer?
Here is a list of the qualities in a laser printer that you should watch out in a laser printer so you will know which device is best for you.
• Color – The first thing we want to mention is, whether the printer is a color printer or black and white. Color printers are usually more expensive. It is up to you whether you think you need to have a color or black and white printer. Color laser printers usually have a better resolution.
• Resolution – Laser printers always make sharp, clear prints but that doesn’t mean you should ignore the resolution. Printer resolution is measured in dots per inch. The higher the resolution, the sharper the print job is. We will give you a number for the resolution that is almost always 600, 1200, or 2400 dpi. 600 dpi is for black and white prints that will suit all your business needs. 1200 dpi will have smoother edges and crisper text. 2400 dpi id for better graphics.
• Print Speed – The print speed can range from 12 to 45 pages per minute. The speed is influenced by the printer’s processor. The processor will be named in megahertz, MHz. Laser printers start at 100 to 400 MHZ. The higher the megahertz, the faster the printing. Speed is also affected by the printer’s memory.
• Memory – Laser printers have their own memory that is measured in megabytes, MB. This can range from 2 to 128 MB. It depends on how much printing you will do. Usually, 12 – 16 MB will do. If you need to print a lot of things then you will need at least a 64MB memory. The higher the memory, the faster the printing.
• First Page Out – Laser printers take 5 to 30 seconds to start each new job. This time is called the first page out time (FPOT). This doesn’t include the time it takes for the printer to print the paper, just the time it takes to start.
• Duplexing – When the printer has a duplexing feature that means it can print two-sided documents. This is a great way to save the environment in saving paper.
• Capacity – If you need to print large documents then look for a large capacity of papers. This usually depends on the paper’s weight and thickness.
Now that you know all about a laser printer, you will be able to read these reviews with ease. You will understand any printer jargon in those laser printer views. You will know what you want and what you are looking for. Through this website, you will be able to find the best laser printer 2021 for your needs. We will give you a heads up at the latest and greatest laser printer. We will also let you know which printers to watch out for.