One of the most common questions people ask when purchasing a new printer is which printer has the cheapest ink. This was not the case just a few years ago when the printer device itself was more expensive. Since then the cost of both inkjet and laser printers has dropped considerably.
Among the most unwelcome surprises, users find themselves dealing with is the ongoing cost of printer ink refills. For many of the low-cost models, expenses allocated for ink replacement far exceed the amount paid for the printer, but if you research patiently, you can find some top quality printers where the replacement cartridge is quite cheap and affordable.
As the world becomes more and more digital, people are printing less. With this in mind, it is important to find a printer that has affordable ink. In this article, we set out to find which printers have the cheapest ink on the market for 2022. We have conducted research and here are some of the best printers you can consider if you’re looking for an economical choice with great quality!
All products here are inkjet printers, if you are looking for a laser printer, you can find it here.
1. Canon PIXMA MX922
Do you have a home office? Are you looking for a printer that will make your life easier? The Canon PIXMA MX922 is the perfect printer for your business. It comes with many features to help streamline your workflow, and wireless capabilities so you can print from anywhere in the house! This all-in-one printer will not only save time but also money on ink cartridges. You won’t need any more than just this one machine if you want efficiency at its best.
This is a great printer for anyone looking to bring home office efficiency to new levels. It comes with many features that make printing easier, faster, and more accurate. With this all-in-one printer, you can take care of your copies, faxes, scans and photocopies in one fell swoop. The 3.0 inch LCD display makes it easy to navigate the menus and make corrections on photos before printing them out.
Key Features ;
- It has complete connectivity features like Wireless LAN, wireless direct printing, mobile printing and compatible with various print apps like Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and more
- It is an all in one device which means you can easily copy, scan and fax documents
- 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder
- Auto duplex printing allows you to print on both sides of the papers
- The reliable print speed at 15 ppm for black and 10 ppm for color
- The 3.0 inch LCD display makes it easy to navigate the menus and make corrections on photos before printing them out.
- 5-Individual Ink System
- 6m of cord
- Prints on discs
- Top output quality
- The design of the control panel can be confusing for some people.
2. Epson Expression ET-2750 EcoTank
Epson is known for its high-quality printers and this Epson ET-2750 All-in-One Ecotank Printer is no exception. It has a compact size, 1.44″ Color Display for quick setup, navigation, and customizes settings. You can easily refill this printer because it has a front-facing fill tank (fills with ink from the front). Its supersized ink tanks allow you to print up to 6,500 pages of black and 5200 colors! The best part about the ET 2750 is that even though it’s an all-in-one printer, it doesn’t take up too much space on your desk or floor so you won’t have any trouble finding room for it!
Key Features :
- It’s a multifunction printer that allows you to print, copy, scan, and fax directly from the one machine.
- Reload paper less often thanks to its paper tray with a capacity of 100 sheets
- Easy setup and navigation from a 1.44-inch color touchscreen.
- 2 sided printing, enhance your productivity and save paper
- Wireless connectivity, mobile printing support, ethernet
- 10.5 ISO ppm (black) and 5 ISO ppm color
- Individual ink cartridges
- Laser-quality outputs
- High-quality resolution, up to 5760 x 1440 dpi color
- No auto document feeder
- Small paper capacity
3. HP Envy 4520
Do you need a printer that will simplify your life? The HP Envy 4200 All-In-One Printer is the answer to this dilemma. This multifunction all-in-one printer can also be used for print photos and it has features for printing, scanning, and copying. It can print wirelessly from your mobile devices with apps and save time and paper with an automatic two-sided printing feature. Scanning resolution is up to 1200 PPI while print speed ranges from 9.5 ppm black or 6.8 ppm in color documents!
Key Features ;
- Save more time and paper because it is packed with an automatic two-sided printing feature
- Scan resolution is up to 1200 PPI while print speed is up to 9.5 ppm black and 6.8 ppm for printing colored documents.
- 2.2-inch hi-res mono LCD Touchscreen
- Scan and send all your files directly to your email, a simple and fast process!
- Wireless printing, wireless direct and combined with mobile printing capability
- Compact size; it has a compact design so it doesn’t require big space on your desk
- Never run out of ink with Instant Ink Ready service
- Automatic duplexer
- Wifi & Wifi Direct
- Small footprint
- High-quality photo printing
- Price of the printer and its ink is affordable
- No fax
- No memory card reader
- No Ethernet port
4. Brother MFC-J480DW
If you are looking to buy a printer for your home business or small office, the Brother MFC-J480DW is an excellent choice. This inkjet printer has many features that make it stand out from other printers on the market; one of these being its affordable price range. Another great feature of this printer is how durable it is – this will come in handy whether you’re printing at home, or using it with your mobile phone and OS (Windows, Mac, Android).
- Automatic 2-sided printing and
- Auto document feeder
- Easily navigate through onscreen menus, using a 1.8-inch color display
- Print speed is up to 12ppm/10ppm for black and color
- Wireless connectivity
- Bigger paper tray capacity, 100-sheets and single sheet bypass tray that can be used for printing on smaller papers like envelopes and card stock
- Scanning and Copies is faster
- Low cost per page
- High print quality, both for black and color
- Cheaper and has high-capacity ink cartridges.
- Printing color documents, graphics or glossy photos is not so good
- You can’t print or scan in grayscale directly from the LCD menu
- The device doesn’t allow you to print documents (text or PDF) from its USB Direct port
- Photo paper handling is limited
- No USB port
5. CANON PIXMA iX6820
When you are looking for a printer for your business, the cost of ink is often a big consideration. If you have an in-house print shop that prints on large media like canvas or vinyl, then this printer might not be the best option for you. But if you need to print documents and reports with up to 9600 x 2400 dpi resolution on paper sizes up to 13 by 19 inches, then the PIXMA iX6820 is perfect! This affordable model uses cheap ink cartridges and comes at an economical price point.
Key Features ;
- High performance because the manufacturer packs it with 5 individual ink-tank system
- Maximum print resolution is up to 9600 x 2400 dpi so you can get clear and crisp outputs
- Full HD Movie Print software that allows you to transform your favorite HD movie clips into beautiful prints.
- My Image Garden software
- Print any documents, images from web pages faster, 14.5 ipm for black and 10.4 ipm for color.
- Wireless printing, Airprint, Google Cloud, and Pixma Printing Solution
- Inexpensive price.
- Support papers up to 13 by 19 inches. Wi-Fi. Ethernet.
- Single paper tray with a 150-sheet capacity.
- You can’t find a duplexer inside this machine.
6. HP ENVY 7640
The HP ENVY 7640 Wireless Photo Printer is an affordable wireless photo printer that also includes wireless technology. This means you can print photos (4×6″ or 5×7″) from your smartphone or tablet without having to switch paper, thanks to its separate photo paper tray. The HP ENVY 7640 also comes with a Printer Remote app which will make it easy for you to manage the printer directly from your phone or tablet – if desired!
- 2.2 mono touchscreen display will make you easy in navigation and when operating it.
- Reliable printing speed at 9.5 ppm for black and 6.8 ppm for color
- Print high-quality color photos within seconds
- Well-designed with multifunction features (print, copy scan)
- Easy to use and with useful features like 2 USB ports, SD card slot and combined with twin paper trays.
- You can manage multiple pages with ease with an automatic 25-page document feeder & two-sided printing.
- Easy installation from your mobile devices or PCs
- Automatic duplexer
- Wireless connection
- Slow for business use
- Single-sided scanner
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
The HP Officejet Pro 6968 is an affordable multifunction inkjet printer that offers a lot of good features. If your printing needs are not high-volume, then this device is perfect for you! It has wireless capabilities to copy and scan documents from anywhere in the room.
This makes it great for any home office or small office because there’s less clutter with wires and devices. It has duplex printing which means you can print on both sides of the paper so you save money on paper costs! You also get advanced faxing features as well as two-sided printing with this device.
Key Features :
- HP instant ink feature helps in saving up to 50% of the ink
- Print volume up to 200-800 pages
- It has a sleek and compact design that can fit in the smallest of space in your office.
- Print speed: 18 ppm black and 10 ppm color!
- Color touchscreen display: 2.65 inch
- Supports almost all types and sizes of paper.
- Multiple connectivity options
- HP Instant Ink
- High Yield Cartridge (Optional)
- You can’t print from the USB drive
- No scan to email feature
- No NFC
8. Canon MG7720
For people who are looking for a printer that has complete features and is also ideal for printing high-quality photos, then the MG7720 wireless AIO printer might just be the perfect device. This model comes with both NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity, making it easy to print from your tablet or smartphone without even having to physically attach them to the printer. The MG7720 can produce outputs at up to 9600×2400 dpi, which means you will get sharp and beautiful prints every time.
Key Features :
- Wireless printing
- CD/DVD printing
- Print or scan any documents or images directly from your phone or tablet.
- 3.5-inch Touchscreen
- Print speed: 15 ppm B/W and 10 ppm color
- All-in-One Printer
- NFC connectivity
- No fax
- The price is somewhat more expensive
That’s our recommendation for the best printer with the cheapest ink on the market that won’t break your budget!. these printers have very good features and reliable for any purpose from personal use or small office. The inks (original or compatible) can also be found easily on Amazon. So are you ready to buy one of these printers ??
“Do you feel like OEM cartridge prices are too high? If so, the alternative is to use NON-OEM cartridges (compatible ink cartridges), these cartridges also produce quality outputs at a lower price than OEM products. However, please note that only buy from trusted third-party sellers!”
If you are looking for the best printer for home with cheap ink, you can also read it here. You can find a number of the top printer for home and the good thing is, the cost of the replacement ink is also quite affordable.
How Much Will It Cost to Operate My Printer?
You have thought about your printing needs, researched the available printers, purchased a printer at a terrific price and now you have suddenly realized that the retail price is not the only cost associated with your new printer.
You can easily find a variety of printers for less than $100, meanwhile, some printers that come with more attractive features sold for around $200 or even more but it is important to remember that, the purchase price is just the beginning of keeping your printer machine running smoothly, and to be able to work according to your expectations. The biggest costs associated with running your machine are ink cartridges for inkjet, toner cartridges for laser, and also printer paper.
Ink and Toner!
Inkjet printers work by putting liquid ink on the paper and applying pressure to the ink to make it stick to the paper-informed words. Simply put, this printer works almost the same as writing with a pen on paper. Ink cartridges contain one or more reservoirs of ink (It all depends on whether you have a black or color cartridge).
On the other hand, Toner is a powder blend of carbon and polymer that is melted by the printer’s fuser and bound to the paper.
If you research printer prices on the market, you can easily conclude that Inkjet printers are the cheapest available to purchase, but in the long run, they can be the most expensive. The upfront savings mask a higher cost on the operating end for both ink and paper which can cost a lot. Printer ink costs usually range between $12 and $60 per cartridge. depending on the brand of the printer, size and can print anywhere from 100 to 500 pages.
You need to be a little careful when buying your printer cartridges. I will use HP ink cartridges as an example. The HP #63 prints only 190 pages and with an average price of $21.00. Meanwhile, the #63XL cartridge can prints up to 480 pages, and pay attention to the price, which costs about $40 on average. So for double the price, you get almost 300% more ink.
If you are a business owner, the cost of running your printer can quickly add up. Ink cartridges are expensive and often need to be replaced frequently. Luckily, there is a way to cut down on the number of ink cartridges that you buy: compatible ink cartridges! They can save you as much as 50% or more depending on the type and brand of printer that you have, which will make it easier for you or your company to stay afloat during these tough economic times.
Laser toner cartridges vary more widely in price. A small toner cartridge for a personal laser printer (HP Laserjet Pro MFP M102w, M130nw, M130fn, etc) can cost as little as $25 while other laser printers, which are usually used for office and business purposes can have cartridges that cost as much as $300. We can see that the cost of toner may seem high, but the yield is much greater when compared to ink cartridges. A single toner cartridge can be used to print more documents, between 2,500 and 30,000 pages.
Specialty Paper for your Inkjet or Laser Printer
The standards of quality for printing matter are the same as other businesses, the better the quality, the more you pay. This applies to paper as well. If you want to print graphics, with the best quality, sharp text, you will definitely need good quality printer paper, coated specialty paper that can produce the crispest text and the highest-quality images will cost anywhere between 10 cents and $2 per page, yes, the price is a bit more expensive than a standard copy paper. Photo paper is also expensive and as you might already know, the highest quality photographs are usually printed on the best photo paper.
Printers are an essential part of any office or home. Before you buy a printer, make sure to check the box for all accessories that come with it. For example, is there a power cable included? How about installation CDs and manuals? If everything is in the box then you can be assured that your new printer will work right out of the box!