One of the most common questions people ask when purchasing a new printer is which printer has the cheapest ink. This was not the case just a few years ago when the printer device itself was more expensive. Since then the cost of both inkjet and laser printers has dropped considerably.
Among the most unwelcome surprises users find themselves dealing with is the ongoing cost of printer ink refills. For many of the low cost models, expenses allocated for ink replacement far exceed the amount paid for the printer, but if you research patiently, you can find some top quality printers where the replacement cartridge is quite cheap and affordable.
In this article, we set out to find which printers have the cheapest ink in 2019 on the market. We have conducted a small research and here is some of the best printers you can consider.
All products here are inkjet printers, if you are looking for a laser printer, you can find it here.
1. Canon PIXMA MX922
The Canon PIXMA MX922 is one of the most popular printer in the market, it comes with many great features and bring wireless capabilities to your home office. This printer of course can bring office efficiency to all-new levels. The following are some key features of the device ;
Key Features ;
- It has complete connectivity features like Wireless LAN, wireless direct printing, mobile printing and compatible with various print apps like Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and more
- It is an all in one device which mean you can easily copy, scan and fax documents
- 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder
- Auto duplex printing that allow you to print on both sides of the papers
- Reliable print speed at 15 ppm for black and 10 ppm for color
- 3.0-Inch LCD Display allow you to make some corrections on photos before printing process
- 5-Individual Ink System
- 6m of cord
- Prints on discs
- Top output quality
- Design of control panel can be confusing for some people.
2. Epson Expression ET-2750 EcoTank
This Epson all-in-one printer comes with supersized ink tanks and it is an ideal choice for productive home printing. It has compact size and 1.44″ Color Display for quick setup, navigation and customize settings. You can easily refill this printer because it has front-facing fill tank. According to Epson, its supersized ink tanks allow you to print up to 6,500 pages black and 5,200 color.
Key Features :
- It’s a multifunction printer that allow you to print, copy, scan and fax directly from the one machine.
- Reload paper less often thanks to its paper tray with a capacity of 100 sheets
- Easy setup and navigation from 1.44 inch color touchscreen.
- 2 sided printing, enhance your productivity and save paper
- Wireless connectivity, mobile printing support, ethernet
- 10.5 ISO ppm (black) and 5 ISO ppm color
- Individual ink cartridges
- Laser-quality outputs
- High quality resolution, up to 5760 x 1440 dpi color
- No auto document feeder
- Small paper capacity
3. HP Envy 4520
HP’s Envy 4200 is a multifunction all-in-one printer with complete features that lets you to print photos or any documents from practically anywhere. The apps allow you to print wirelessly from your mobile devices. It has more than 5300 reviews in Amazon and most users are satisfied with its quality :
Key Features ;
- Save more time and paper because it is packed with automatic two-sided printing feature
- Scan resolution is up to 1200 ppi while print speed is up to 9.5 ppm black and 6.8 ppm for printing colored documents.
- 2.2-inch hi-res mono LCD Touchscreen
- Scan and send all your files directly to your email, simple and fast process!
- Wireless printing, wireless direct and combined with mobile printing capability
- Compact size ; it has compact design so it doesn’t require big space on your desk
- Never run out of ink with Instant Ink Ready service
- Automatic duplexer
- Wifi & Wifi Direct
- Small footprint
- High quality photo printing
- Price of printer and its ink is affordable
- No fax
- No memory card reader
- No Ethernet port
4. Brother MFC-J480DW
The Brother MFC-J480DW inkjet printer is an good choice for home business or small office and it can produces the best documents and photos especially with its price range. This printer is compatible with various OS including Windows, Mac and Android for mobile.
- Automatic 2-sided printing and
- Auto document feeder
- Easily navigate through onscreen menus, using 1.8 inch color display
- Print speed is up to 12ppm/10ppm for black and color
- Wireless connectivity
- Bigger paper tray capacity, 100-sheets and single sheet bypass tray that can be used for printing on smaller papers like envelops and card stock
- Scanning and Copies is faster
- Low cost per page
- High print quality, both for black and color
- Cheaper and has high-capacity ink cartridges.
- Printing color documents, graphics or glossy photos is not so good
- You can’t print or scan in grayscale directly from LCD menu
- The device doesn’t allow you to print documents (text or PDF) from its USB Direct port
- Photo paper handling is limited
- No USB port
5. CANON PIXMA iX6820
If you are looking for a business printer with the cheapest ink price, then you should this PIXMA iX6820 printer. This inkjet printer is an affordable option for those who looking for a micro or home office printer that needs to print on paper media with a size of 13 by 19 inches.
Key Features ;
- High performance because the manufacturer packs it with 5 individual ink-tank system
- Maximum print resolution is up to 9600 x 2400 dpi so you can get a clear and crisp outputs
- Full HD Movie Print software that allow you to transform your favorite HD movie clips into beautiful prints.
- My Image garden software
- Print any documents, images from web pages faster, 14.5 ipm for black and 10.4 ipm for color.
- Wireless printing, Airprint, Google Cloud and Pixma Printing Solution
- Inexpensive price.
- Support papers up to 13 by 19 inches. Wi-Fi. Ethernet.
- Single paper tray with 150-sheet capacity.
- You can’t find duplexer inside this machine.
6. HP ENVY 7640
If you are looking for an affordable wireless photo printer with wireless technology then you also need to consider the HP ENVY 7640. You can easily print photos (4×6″ or 5x”) from you smartphone or tablet without having to switching paper, thanks to its separate photo paper tray. This printer also comes with Printer Remote app that will make it easy for you manage it directly from your smartphone or tablet
- 2.2 mono touchscreen display will make you easy in navigation and when operating it.
- Reliable printing speed at 9.5 ppm for black and 6.8 ppm for color
- Print high quality quality color photos within seconds
- Well-designed with multifunction features (print, copy scan)
- Easy to use and with useful features like 2 usb ports, SD cards slot and combined with twin paper trays.
- You can manage multiple pages with ease with automatic 25-page document feeder & two-sided printing.
- Easy installation from your mobile devices or PCs
- Automatic duplexer
- Wireless connection
- Slow for business use
- Single sided scanner
That’s our recommendation for the best printer with the cheapest ink on the market, these printers have very good features and reliable for any purposes from personal use or small office. The inks (original or compatible) can also be found easily in Amazon. So are you ready to buy one of these printers ??
“If you feel that OEM cartridge prices are expensive, the alternative is to use NON OEM cartridge (compatible ink cartridge), these cartridges also can delivers high quality outputs and at a lower price than OEM products, but please note that, only buy from trusted third party sellers.”
If you are looking for the best printer for home with cheap ink, you can also read it from this website. You can find a number of top printer for home and the good thing is, the cost of the replacement ink is also quite affordable.